Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2008, 09:49   #1201
God Member

Re: weather??

does anyone reckon the weather is gonna be nice all day? i wanna take the bikes on the train to Clitheroe and bike down to Edisford Bridge anyone wanna meet us there?
Old 22-08-2008, 16:50   #1202
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
does anyone reckon the weather is gonna be nice all day? i wanna take the bikes on the train to Clitheroe and bike down to Edisford Bridge anyone wanna meet us there?
I wish ... but it's a little too far ... ah well, it's a great day here so I think I'll settle for a stroll down to the lake, maybe grab a beer on the way; get some bread and feed the ducks.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 18:27   #1203
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

According to the weather this morning, high pressure is on the way by the end of the week, so it looks like it could get warmer......but i wouldnt bet on it!
Old 25-08-2008, 19:51   #1204
God Member

might get warmer then we might end up with a thunder storm
Old 26-08-2008, 09:35   #1205
Resting in Peace

Not to worry folks the heat wave starts on Friday, or so they say, myself I'll wait and see before I dig out the factor 15
Old 26-08-2008, 17:59   #1206

Hope it's nice Friday off to a wedding, really looking forward to it.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:47   #1207
Resting in Peace

oh it will be nice here.... I am off to spain so you bet we will have heat wave here and rain in spain: did in May when I went:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 23:07   #1208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
oh it will be nice here.... I am off to spain so you bet we will have heat wave here and rain in spain: did in May when I went:
Sounds like you believe Murphy was an optimist

Weather here is beautiful ... but it does have that end-of-summer feeling about it. Over the last couple of days, temps in Northern Ontario have been dipping down pretty close to freezing in a cold northerly air flow. But this is a couple of days drive away; and here the warm sunny days are followed by cool, still and clear evenings. We had a really clear night last night ... a great star show and a neat little meteor shower. Fall is just around the corner, and for me this is the best time of year. The fall colors, when the Maples turn are just gorgeous ... you can't describe it; you just have to see it.
Old 27-08-2008, 14:34   #1209

I'm really fed up now with all this rain. Can't remember what the sun looks like anymore
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 14:41   #1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
I'm really fed up now with all this rain. Can't remember what the sun looks like anymore
Depressing isn’t it, think we have had about 4 decent days where the Temp has been fairly high.
Old 27-08-2008, 16:50   #1211
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I you look carfully when there's a blue sky and no clouds forceten, its tha little yellow ball that moves from east to west throughout the day, and it sometimes makes you feel warm and happy with the world, but this is a very rare occuance and needs to be wtched for daily or you may just miss it
Old 27-08-2008, 16:54   #1212
God Member

Quote:
I do feel sorry for you guys .... the sun is alive and well and living in beautiful Kingston by Lake Ontario
Old 27-08-2008, 16:58   #1213
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I do feel sorry for you guys .... the sun is alive and well and living in beautiful Kingston by Lake Ontario
I feel sorry for you too - you soon will be shovelling snow

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 17:04   #1214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Ya and thats not the only thing he'll be shovelling Margaret
Old 27-08-2008, 17:21   #1215
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It won't be too long ... bring it on we are Canadians and we can take anything winter throws at us; as long as there is hockey Just can't wait for those cold, crisp nights when I can grab my skates, head down to the outdoor rink behind city hall, skate around listening to tunes, and then off to the Iron Duke for a couple of pints.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..