Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2010, 20:21   #1

Wellington Street at Clayton

Hi all

Does anybody know if there is a plastics factory on wellington road in Clayton Le Moors? Been looking for a job as ive worked in plastics for a long time but never seen a plastics place on that street
Dave The Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2010, 20:30   #2
God Member

Re: Wellington Street at Clayton

According to Google, Cheshire Plastics
Old 18-10-2010, 21:09   #3
God Member

that'll be the big building across from the doctors then...did you mean Wellington Street?

Last edited by flashy; 18-10-2010 at 21:12.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:40   #4
God Member

Theres one in Gt Harwood I know of, think its called J Berry plastics, another up at Ewood, theres more about but can't remember their names, I used to deliver injection moulding machines and been to quite a few places locally with them
good luck

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 10:58   #5
JCB

There's G & A Plastics Accrington , in Exchange St . You can get their info on Google .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 11:03   #6
God Member

Ahh, I thought the OP meant plastics has in Injection moulding, don't know why I thought that but yeah there is G&A plastics, they fabricate things out of plastic and fibreglass

www.ubuntu.com

Old 19-10-2010, 16:47   #7

Yes i did mean injection moulding. Ive worked in a place for years on the machines & just wondered if anybody knew of any where there may be jobs as im being made redundant Thanks for the info tho guys
Old 19-10-2010, 17:09   #8
God Member

Who did you work for?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 19-10-2010, 17:21   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
According to Google, Cheshire Plastics
Yeh, you are right, Dave.. . just been up there and seems to be 2 companies in Unit 1. Unit 2 is R. Briggs, Sheetmetal Fabricators.
Never seems to be much activity though ?

plastics 003.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 11:56   #10

I work for Earl Plastics in Great Harwood. Soon to be no more
Old 20-10-2010, 19:14   #11
God Member

Is that the one in the old mill up by the side of the baths?
Took loads of machines in there, bit dodgy skating an 8 ton machine down that slope :-)
Was it once called Berry's??
Anyway, try the one at Ewood, if your going up Livesy branch Rd, just has you have gone round the left hand bend turn right and its down there, primrose motor bodies old place, the gaffers called Peter ( thats if its still there and he still has it, 10 + year since I was in last)
There was another at Smallshaw ind estate at Rose grove but I moved them and can't for the life of me think where too, I think it was onto one of the industrial estates at Altham or Huncoat, they did a lot of garden stuff, plant boxes and the likes plus washing bowls etc, all big stuff
What about Aluminium? that's the same process isn't it, there's Dave Rawbottoms place in Ossy, he's in the mill across from the Co-Op
Good luck

www.ubuntu.com

Old 21-10-2010, 07:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Is that the one in the old mill up by the side of the baths?
Took loads of machines in there, bit dodgy skating an 8 ton machine down that slope :-)
Was it once called Berry's??
Anyway, try the one at Ewood, if your going up Livesy branch Rd, just has you have gone round the left hand bend turn right and its down there, primrose motor bodies old place, the gaffers called Peter ( thats if its still there and he still has it, 10 + year since I was in last)
There was another at Smallshaw ind estate at Rose grove but I moved them and can't for the life of me think where too, I think it was onto one of the industrial estates at Altham or Huncoat, they did a lot of garden stuff, plant boxes and the likes plus washing bowls etc, all big stuff
What about Aluminium? that's the same process isn't it, there's Dave Rawbottoms place in Ossy, he's in the mill across from the Co-Op
Good luck
The one you are on about was John Berrys. That closed a few years ago now. Earl Plastics is on St Huberts Street near bottom. That one at Altham is called what more. Gave them a ring. No jobs at mo. Ta for all your info though. If anybody knows of any factory jobs in accrington or clayton then let me know please
Old 21-10-2010, 14:19   #13

BMP Europe at Altham are quite busy still and as for plastics companies have you tried Whatmore UK Ltd at Altham also.
Old 21-10-2010, 17:45   #14

I rang What More but no joy. Will probably try BMP. Thanks for the info.
Old 21-10-2010, 18:43   #15
God Member

What about the aluminium place in Ossy, Ashley Eng its called, do the same kind of thing but with aluminium not plastic, the machines are the same.
Stonebridge Mill
Stone Bridge Lane, Oswaldtwistle, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 3HX
01254 356 150
Ask for Dave Rawbottom, he's the gaffer

www.ubuntu.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..