Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2010, 12:22   #1
Resting In Peace

What's Happened to the Pioneer Club

I am sure there was a thread somewhere explaining what had happened at the Pioneer W.M.C. but I cannot find it. Is the Pioneer still a C.I.U. Working Men's Club or is it now a private club ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2010, 12:37   #2
God Member

Re: What's Happened to the Pioneer Club

Now private. Some scouser bought the thing a few months ago for not-very-much because the club had lots of debt.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 12:40   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a thread mate, "Tanpits Club" as most called it, but nowt in it about ownership.
Old 21-01-2010, 15:28   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I am sure there was a thread somewhere explaining what had happened at the Pioneer W.M.C. but I cannot find it. Is the Pioneer still a C.I.U. Working Men's Club or is it now a private club ?
Perhaps if you'd called in regularly you wouldn't need to ask this question, lack of interest, lack of members, isn't this the fate that will take over most existing club's?

The rest are already History.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 16:11   #5
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps if you'd called in regularly you wouldn't need to ask this question, lack of interest, lack of members, isn't this the fate that will take over most existing club's?

I don't live anywhere near the Pioneer. I frequent and support Bold Street Club. It was just last night some people were arguing whether the Pioneer was still a C.I.U. Club or not.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 17:06   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

I became a member there on my 18th Birthday(1957) - my Dad was a member, we held his wake there. I retained my membership until 1966 when it became obvious that we were alwys going to be posted away from the Accrington region and we didn't have that much family living there. So there are always a number of reasons why people stop frequenting establishments - wish I could have called in regularly, but was very rarely in Accrington.
Old 22-01-2010, 18:29   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Now private. Some scouser bought the thing a few months ago for not-very-much because the club had lots of debt.
I think it went down hill when it got affiliated to the house of commons bar.

No one has paid their tab as yet

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..