Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2008, 22:43   #1
Senior Member+

whens a good time to buy a car?

in terms of being able to negotiate a good price so that they reach their targets etc?

is it end of the month or quarter end?
Old 18-09-2008, 00:51   #2
God Member

Re: whens a good time to buy a car?

Posted via Mobile Devicenear the end of the month and try and pick a day when it's lashing it down and no one else looking on the car lot, then tell them you are the only chance of them getting a sale that day, always works for me :-)
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 00:57   #3

Personally I would not buy a car if I could help it. I have leased for the last 10 years and find it a much better option.Buying is always a risk

If you must buy, do so when you have the cash in your hand and can demand a huge discount from them.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 03:56   #4
Senior Member+

so for a 10K zafira

cash in hand

how much discount could you realistically get?
Old 18-09-2008, 10:01   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
so for a 10K zafira

cash in hand

Don't reall know mani, but in todays climate the world is your oyster, I would think any car dealer worth his/her salt would only be to willing to do good deals because there ain't many people buy out at this moment in time
Old 18-09-2008, 19:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
so for a 10K zafira

cash in hand

I would ask for 20% in todays climate, so 8k cash. and be prepared to settle for 8.5, a full tank of petrol and a good inclusive guarantee.

when I did buy cars I often found that once you had ground the price down you could then ask for extras like petrol/diesel, insurance etc.
Tell them not to p+++ about with bouquets of flowers as you allergic and would rather have the petrol - that always worked

Be prepared to turn round and look like your going to walk out the showroom. There are always other cars
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 19:43   #7
Senior Member+

you should speak to emzy.......she managed to get 2 v v expensive car seats and 2 ridiculously priced teddy bears thrown in with her car....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:09   #8
Junior Member+

now! but not over 1.8! Petrol is a nightmare!
Frames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 22:49   #9
Resident Waffler

What would mani want with 2 teddy bears?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 09:49   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Because he's probably a big softy at heart Willow
Old 20-09-2008, 09:59   #11

Best deal I ever did was on Boxing Day !!! (and it was a Sunday too) - a few years ago now, at the Ford Dealer in Rawtenstall... but I probably got over 30% off the price on the screen, plus an extended warranty and a full tank.

I was surprised any car dealer was open at all on Boxing Day; had only gone to have a quiet walk round the lot to see if there was anything I fancied - anyway when I spotted the one I wanted, spoke to the guy and basically knocked him way down....... he was bored, hadn't had one customer all day, he was fed up, would have rather been out with his mates - told him that I would be the only sale he made that day.... went to walk out near the end but then got what I wanted
Old 20-09-2008, 15:42   #12

I tend to find its the best time to buy something when you need one.
Old 22-09-2008, 15:25   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Going down the woods for a picnic
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..