Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What are u looking forward to?
Sony PlayStation3 4 50.00%
Microsoft XBOX360 3 37.50%
Nitendo Revolution 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 12:44   #1
I am Banned

Exclamation Which do you like best? Let me know and vote.

Hay yall,
The Xbox360 has been out for about two weeks now and they already found a problem with. I want to find out where peoples loyalties really lie, so I made a pole to see what people are really looking forward to and if they are still loyal.
yourmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45   #2
God Member

Re: Which do you like best? Let me know and vote.

can't see the poll!!!??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 14:08   #3
white rabbits

oh your talking now are you?
Old 12-12-2005, 15:41   #4
Resting in Peace

sorry i cant vote i have never seen a "Nitendo Revolution"??
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 22:59   #5
God Member

What is the Nintendo Revolution a suppede up game boy??

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 23:29   #6

im not voting because i do all my gaming on the pc ..but your best bet is the ps my mates swear by them ,they have always been the peoples choice loads of games and that sony brand name ..what does microsoft know about consoles they make software lol !!!sony tried ,tested and trusted !!!

Last edited by geoff70; 12-12-2005 at 23:31.
geoff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 02:20   #7
I am Banned

its unfortunate that a batch of xbox360's have developed a fault but sony have been riding on their name for a few years now and one day it may run out

the xbox 1 was a better machine than the ps2 and the xbox30 is a better machine than the ps3

just out of curiosity what fault did you discover i heard a batch of xbox360's were overheating is this the problem you are having abnd what are microsoft offering to do
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 16:15   #8
Senior Member+

does anyone have a link where i can see the ps3?
Old 14-12-2005, 15:02   #9
Senior Member+

I have voted ps3 because we are a household of gamers and we have the xbox 360, as the other 2 are not out yet there can be no comparison the only thing that i can say is that the xbox 360 is a fantastic console and its like chav1 says the xbox wiped the floor with ps2. Microsoft have reported that 3% of the xbox 360s have a overheating fault but what is the problem if you bought the machine ligit. then you just get a replacement from microsoft delivered to your door within the next 2 days, if bought illigit then what do you expect!!!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 21:31   #10
Senior Member+

the overheating in x-box's was only in america as their power voltage is lower than ours and the x-box basically overheatd due to this - but beacuse our power runs at a higher level it should be ok in the uk
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 07:27   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy
the overheating in x-box's was only in america as their power voltage is lower than ours and the x-box basically overheatd due to this - but beacuse our power runs at a higher level it should be ok in the uk
It is not only the american xbox 360's that are overheating they are over here too in fact 2 of the staff who work for us bought one on the day of release and both of theirs had to be replaced my microsoft because they were overheating!!!!

But like i said if you bought it from a shop and have a receipt then you dont have a problem as you have warrenty, i pity anyone who buys from ebay on a whim and theirs overheats no warrenty especially if you got it abroad!!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 22:08   #12

well the XboX sucks and relys on graphics plus the power cable looks like something from ghostbusters
the nintendo revolution controller once connected with a rumble pack and an analogue stick looks like something out of an adult magazine
so it has to be ps3 with its batman boomerang controller
Old 04-03-2006, 07:35   #13
God Member

One thing that I feel will hold teh 360 back is the lack of high capacity media. Microsot saw only to fit a 'standard' DVD drive which even with dual layer can only hold just over 8gig of data. PS3 will have Blue ray which iirc is looking at over 25Gig of data. Now at the moment games aren't pushing these limits but it is expected that with the increase in graphical capability, the ps3 will be able to handle far more textures than an Xbox. plus as films etc move into HD technology they will be released on Blue ray. that means your 360 is just a gaming console but the ps3 will be an entertainment centre

my 2p anyway

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 22:00   #14
Senior Member+

Hmm where did this post pop up from. Last post was 2006
Old 26-07-2012, 22:04   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Hmm where did this post pop up from. Last post was 2006
Well you've just revived it. So what do you want to do with it?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..