Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 15:02   #1

Which pub is the best in accy???

Which pub is the best in accy???
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2007, 15:30   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Which pub is the best in accy???

Arden is ok and they have made an effort with providing heaters and a smoking shelter...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 15:37   #3
God Member

Adelphi for me.
Not the greatest looking pub in the world but the regulars & people on the bar are great.

Music wise though, it's the Attic on a Friday night.
The beer can be a bit expensive but it's well worth it.
Coolest gaff in Accy by far.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 17:40   #4
Senior Member+

N0t been out in Accy (or anywhere ! ) for ages but like the Black Horse and the Calder for an after work or lunchtime drinkie. Used to frequent Swan/Hargreaves/Queens/Adelphi/Broadway and Hope but they all look pretty shabby now. Last time I went in the Warners there was talk of a refit, did it happen ?
Old 10-07-2007, 19:15   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I don't think there is one 'best pub', it depends on what you feel comfortable in, a decent welcome was always available in the Cross Guns, is this the first pub that has struggled on for a while to fall fowl of lack of custom since the smoking ban? There will be several more before the end of the month from what I've seen, Yes all the pubs are now smoke free, but they also seem to be customer free, so best pub will end up being the one in the area that survives.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 19:35   #6
Yank in King Art's Court!

Where's Ianto. This question is right up his alley. I know he frequents at least 2 or 3 regularly. Maybe he's keeping it a secret.

Iliked the Bold Street only as it was one that my Granddad went to.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 19:43   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I don't think there is one 'best pub', it depends on what you feel comfortable in, a decent welcome was always available in the Cross Guns, is this the first pub that has struggled on for a while to fall fowl of lack of custom since the smoking ban? There will be several more before the end of the month from what I've seen, Yes all the pubs are now smoke free, but they also seem to be customer free, so best pub will end up being the one in the area that survives.
if you ask that question again in the new year will be interesting to see how manys left. less has got it Spot On.
Old 10-07-2007, 21:47   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I agree I think a lot of the smaller ones will close: then they will put the beer prices up:

I was going to go out this weekend, but thought why bother: I can sit in my garden ( that's got a smoking shelter) with heat and the beer is cheap... so unless the pubs are offering me something I can't get at home aint going to bother... such a shame.... but I won't get going on the smoking ban again........
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 23:02   #9
God Member

Have been out a couple of times since the smoking ban and yes I am a smoker....

negatives are when you've just eaten and you'd like a smoke after in the warmth inside... and also having to go outside when there is no shelter..another negative is that you are very much more aware of smells in the pubs now and have to say I found B.O being the major issue..so come on people please use the deodrant

Have to say a big positive is that I have never chatted to so many new faces ever before on a night out.. it's almost got a community feel to nipping out for a fag now...and I for one quite like it...

would still like to be able to have a fag inside but did enjoy the fact I didn't stink when I got home!

And to get back on thread...at mo, the Oaklea is my fave pub

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 23:10   #10
God Member

As I am no longer in Accy I couldnt comment as even when down I am only in a couple. It would need a serious pub crawl to be sure which is best and then at least 3 of them. It will always depend on preferences to which one you like.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 23:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
As I am no longer in Accy I couldnt comment as even when down I am only in a couple. It would need a serious pub crawl to be sure which is best and then at least 3 of them. It will always depend on preferences to which one you like.
spug when you have a pub crawl you can't comment.
Old 11-07-2007, 00:52   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Have to say a big positive is that I have never chatted to so many new faces ever before on a night out.. it's almost got a community feel to nipping out for a fag now...and I for one quite like it...

Red , I've been waiting for the first post about the camardarie amongst smokers banished outside for a quick smoke , it's almost like being part of a gang of rebels and cocking-a-snoot at the po-faced gits giving you dirty looks as they walk past on their way into the now 'safe' establishment, I'm sure once they have made it safely inside all fears about being mugged and raped by the dirty low-life miscreants gathered outside disappear.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:04   #13
Senior Member+

HA HA @ harwood red
totally agree about hte real smell coming thru

i work at a club on weds nites that pre-SB was aight to work at it was shabby club but thats it

but now there's this really stale smell from the 70's carpet that everyone mentions and its like what do u wnat me to do? the shake and vac?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:05   #14
Senior Member+

but about the topic

i dont think i've been in many pubs in accy to come and think of it which is shockin. the calder was nice when i went to see a few england games,
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spug when you have a pub crawl you can't comment.
Are you insinuating Mr C that the fist pub is as far as I would get because of my mischievous ways?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..