Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2005, 18:01   #1
land of hope and glory

Wind Farms??

have you ever been driving through the country and when you are approaching a village all these posters appear STOP THE WIND FARMS stuck on trees placards everywhere,what my question to the people of accyweb is do you agree with them or not? this could have been a poll but that doesnt tell everyone what you really think. The 2 pictures attached are across from each other across a valley.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1092.jpg (27.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1093.jpg (28.1 KB, 25 views)
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2005, 18:14   #2
God Member

Re: Wind Farms??

Personally I like the wind farms. I thgink they add some interest to the landscape. However... I believe there is a problem that the local birds have a habit of getting killed flying into them so maybe we need to do something else. How about offshore, if its good enough for my job, it should be good enough for our leccy!

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 18:35   #3
Senior Member+

Think they are a blot on the landscape, but what's the alternative, has anyone on here any idea what 1 of these things will produce in the way of leccy (as Ian puts it)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 18:39   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
The 2 pictures attached are across from each other across a valley.
Could be a where are we, are you going up the M6 1st pic view to left , 2nd pic not the Howgills is it ?

Albert Einstein.

Old 27-07-2005, 20:36   #5
Member.

I think we have enough of them in the hills, you do get use to seeing them but I think it would be better to keep them offshore if we need to have any more.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 20:38   #6
Member.

Here you are Park, this might help.

http://www.britishwindenergy.co.uk/map/list.html

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-07-2005, 21:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Here you are Park, this might help.

http://www.britishwindenergy.co.uk/map/list.html
Thanks for that Doug, seems to me all the manufacturers rate their units at different outputs, but the output from 1No unit seems to be worthwhile, but not it our hills and valleys eh! out to sea then thats ok

Albert Einstein.

Old 27-07-2005, 21:39   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think they must be preferable to the other options available, also think they are not to displeasing too the eye,but if they can be placed offshore why not?
Old 27-07-2005, 21:41   #9
Member.

It’s a pity we still don’t own part of France we could stick them over there…….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 27-07-2005, 21:58   #10
God Member

I think they're beautiful and practical - just like me.

Trust me, I know I'm joking! lol

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 01:24   #11
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Personally I like the wind farms. I thgink they add some interest to the landscape. However... I believe there is a problem that the local birds have a habit of getting killed flying into them so maybe we need to do something else. How about offshore, if its good enough for my job, it should be good enough for our leccy!

Ian
do a bit of sea fishing and these things have appeared from the welsh coast and are going all the way up!dont know how far they are going to get but if we have an artificial wall the french and spaniards cant get our fish?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 10:08   #12

I don't mind them at all, rather them than companies like BNF. Who keep us all in the dark about some of the problems they have had in the past until they are forced to tell us because someone leaks the information knowing the general public have a right to know. I agree they would be better, and probably more efficient offshore and the minced Tip rats (seagulls) would be a source of nourishment to bring our fish stock back to a decent level.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..