Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   holy family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/holy-family-11880.html)

staggeringman 10-06-2005 00:43

Re: holy family

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph
And for that matter I think he taught my dad too

sure my daughter said that hes retireing this year. what years was your dad there steph?

Steph 10-06-2005 14:20

Early seventies but thats only a guess

Mik Dickinson 10-06-2005 19:38

wife say she knows em all.Recognise the name Broadley anybody?

folly 10-06-2005 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
d. cassidy headmaster..............mr macalooney..........mulderick....flynn...mr bentley ....john lowe.....mrs ainsworth ....miss bond....miss almond??...what was that maths teacher called who could swing a cane?

The maths teacher's when i was there was flynn, kean, almond, Mr finn had a good selection of canes. Mr almond took motor mecanhic's as well any body remember Mr moore (pig) ?

staggeringman 10-06-2005 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by folly
The maths teacher's when i was there was flynn, kean, almond, Mr finn had a good selection of canes. Mr almond took motor mecanhic's as well any body remember Mr moore (pig) ?

flynn was my tutorial head we had to see him for a mark.

staggeringman 10-06-2005 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph
Early seventies but thats only a guess

what is your dad called steph? HE might have some secrets that we know about....lol

Alan Gilmartin 11-06-2005 00:11

Mr Moore, was'nt it him who taught biology, a real sadist, Bob Almond, was metal work teacher, Terry Neville, still the greatest. others, Mr Noblet, Miss Doran, Music. Mrs Griffin, needlework. Can anyone remember arts or crafts teachers, I am talking 1960s here. Johnny Mare, Mr Swarbrick, Mr Bleasdale, Mullderick, Katie Boyle. I left in 1964.

staggeringman 11-06-2005 00:53

it was mr stancliffe for music ..............come to think of it what the hell is a music class good for when you are learning to grow up?

Bagpuss 11-06-2005 20:02

My form teacher was Christine Ritsen (spelling ?), quite funny to me was when my wife had just had our first child she was in the same ward expecting her first, small world. Mr Whitham was maths excellent teacher, group 1 of course, pig (Moore) was geography.

folly 12-06-2005 12:37

there was one teacher and she made you say thank you after she gave you the wack. she took enviromental studies can't remmember her name.

staggeringman 12-06-2005 17:32

remember mr mitton and the flippin pig (moore ) iwent to school with a peter broadley.

Bagpuss 12-06-2005 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by folly
there was one teacher and she made you say thank you after she gave you the wack. she took enviromental studies can't remmember her name.

That would be Miss Hogan.

Bagpuss 12-06-2005 20:05

Quote:

remember mr mitton

Don't remember a Mr Mitton but there was a Mrs Mitton.

staggeringman 12-06-2005 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Don't remember a Mr Mitton but there was a Mrs Mitton.

had a mrs mitton down at junior school but cant put a face to one at holy family?

Bagpuss 12-06-2005 20:13

Quote:

had a mrs mitton down at junior school but cant put a face to one at holy family?

I think she was a cookery teacher with short ginger hair, her daughter was in my year.