Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/does-anyone-know-of-the-whereabouts-of-the-roe-family-of-clayton-le-moors-29758.html)

chrissy 04-04-2007 22:53

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

I was wondering as you do if anyone knew the whereabouts of the Roe Family who used to live in Barnes Street, Clayton le Moors and moved to Blackpool in 1971
There was
Nigel (Charlie)
Peter
Christopher
Tony
Les
Dot and
Georgina

katex 05-04-2007 06:21

Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

I'm really trying to open up my brain here Chrissie, I lived on Barnes Street 1965 >>> 1974, Surely, must know this family ? Whereabouts on Barnes Street did they live ? Can you remember ?

AccyMad 05-04-2007 08:54

I'm trying to rack my brains too, I was born at home in Lower Barnes Street in 1961 & lived there till 1986 but the name doesn't ring a bell at all. When I first read your post I was thinking of the people who had the chippy on Barnes Square but then remembered that was the Orr family - sorry

chrissy 05-04-2007 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 407080)
I'm really trying to open up my brain here Chrissie, I lived on Barnes Street 1965 >>> 1974, Surely, must know this family ? Whereabouts on Barnes Street did they live ? Can you remember ?

Yea, they lived at the top block on the left hand side going down, accross from the Jollywash.

chrissy 05-04-2007 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 407100)
I'm trying to rack my brains too, I was born at home in Lower Barnes Street in 1961 & lived there till 1986 but the name doesn't ring a bell at all. When I first read your post I was thinking of the people who had the chippy on Barnes Square but then remembered that was the Orr family - sorry

Yea you`re thinking of Christine and Steven Orr, I wonder what happened to them?
I tihnk you might be a bit young to remember the Roes as they left for Blackpool in 1971

katex 05-04-2007 18:18

Gosh, sorry I cannot help you Chrissie, don't believe myself that I can't remember this family .. quite large weren't they !?

Knew loads of people on this street, but this lot completely escape my memory.

'Course I lived on the second block going down on the right and probably never crossed the road when going 'up' to the shops. :-)

Sorry to waste space on yer thread.

My in-laws lived for a while on Sparth Avenue (don't ask me for dates, haven't a clue :o ) think it was no. 67 .. end one anyway and overlooked the rec. was quite nice.

Alan Gilmartin 10-04-2007 12:58

Talking of barnes street, Danny Green, Satch Collier,a couple of names that come to mind. I think there was a rag shop down Barnes St circa 1960s, other names , Gordon Bamber, Keith Warring, The Hayes Twins.John Riddiough, David Catlow.

flashy 10-04-2007 13:11

danny green if its the same one is in prison now, joe hayes is my mates dad, him and his bro are fine i think

chrissy 10-04-2007 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 409218)
Talking of barnes street, Danny Green, Satch Collier,a couple of names that come to mind. I think there was a rag shop down Barnes St circa 1960s, other names , Gordon Bamber, Keith Warring, The Hayes Twins.John Riddiough, David Catlow.

Thanks Alan, yes I know quite a few of those names, Jo Heyes used to hang around with us at the time when I knew Nigel Roe. I remember Satch Colllier from early days in the Albion and John Riddiough was one of the first lads in clayton to have long hair, I remember him making an entrance at the New Jerusalem club when I was about 10, he was a lot older than me, but I never forgot that hair

chrissy 10-04-2007 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 409230)
danny green if its the same one is in prison now, joe hayes is my mates dad, him and his bro are fine i think

If youre on about the same Danny Green, he was once with my ex sister in law, Jackie Birtwistle. I knew Jo from when he used to hang around with our crowd, brill chap, always made me laugh:)

flashy 10-04-2007 22:03

joe's daughter got married last week and yes its the same Danny, i know jackie very very well, i used to babysit for her

Alan Gilmartin 18-04-2007 23:52

Danny had a sister, I think she was called Shiela or Pat, also from Lower Barnes St, the Lords, Bernard, Joe, three others, Keith Topham. I used to go to Clayton youth club with John Riddiough, there was a Group that played there Tread Wheels & so on, fronted by Roy Taylor. The Bamber brothers, lived in the house by the Forts Arms bus stop, also Irene Boothman, Hollingrake sisters, Kathleen Jameson, was there a rag shop down Lower Barnes St.

chrissy 22-04-2007 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 412469)
Danny had a sister, I think she was called Shiela or Pat, also from Lower Barnes St, the Lords, Bernard, Joe, three others, Keith Topham. I used to go to Clayton youth club with John Riddiough, there was a Group that played there Tread Wheels & so on, fronted by Roy Taylor. The Bamber brothers, lived in the house by the Forts Arms bus stop, also Irene Boothman, Hollingrake sisters, Kathleen Jameson, was there a rag shop down Lower Barnes St.

Yes I remember Roy Taylor being the lead singer. I can recall one time when he, Barry Dickson and Pete Roe were singing `imagine im in love with you` at the bottom of our back one day. Strange how things stick in your head, lol.
I loved going to the New Jerusalem with my new orange pokadot skirt with sticky out paper underskirt on that me mum made for me. I was only about 10/11ish and I remember drinking loads of cidona pop and Im sure I got slightly ****ed off it.:D I was a sick as a dog when I got home,lol

cashman 22-04-2007 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissy (Post 413824)
Yes I remember Roy Taylor being the lead singer. I can recall one time when he, Barry Dickson and Pete Roe were singing `imagine im in love with you` at the bottom of our back one day. Strange how things stick in your head, lol.
I loved going to the New Jerusalem with my new orange pokadot skirt with sticky out paper underskirt on that me mum made for me. I was only about 10/11ish and I remember drinking loads of cidona pop and Im sure got slightly ****ed off it.:D I was a sick as a dog when I got home,lol

saw roy n missus at burnley mechanics last night, told him to get up n jam with em, he declined.;)

Alan Gilmartin 23-04-2007 05:53

Next time you see him Cash tell him to get himself on here and say hello.