Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 22:53   #1

Question Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

I was wondering as you do if anyone knew the whereabouts of the Roe Family who used to live in Barnes Street, Clayton le Moors and moved to Blackpool in 1971
There was
Nigel (Charlie)
Peter
Christopher
Tony
Les
Dot and
Georgina
Old 05-04-2007, 06:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

I'm really trying to open up my brain here Chrissie, I lived on Barnes Street 1965 >>> 1974, Surely, must know this family ? Whereabouts on Barnes Street did they live ? Can you remember ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54   #3
God Member

I'm trying to rack my brains too, I was born at home in Lower Barnes Street in 1961 & lived there till 1986 but the name doesn't ring a bell at all. When I first read your post I was thinking of the people who had the chippy on Barnes Square but then remembered that was the Orr family - sorry
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I'm really trying to open up my brain here Chrissie, I lived on Barnes Street 1965 >>> 1974, Surely, must know this family ? Whereabouts on Barnes Street did they live ? Can you remember ?

Yea, they lived at the top block on the left hand side going down, accross from the Jollywash.
Old 05-04-2007, 16:37   #5

Smile Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm trying to rack my brains too, I was born at home in Lower Barnes Street in 1961 & lived there till 1986 but the name doesn't ring a bell at all. When I first read your post I was thinking of the people who had the chippy on Barnes Square but then remembered that was the Orr family - sorry
Yea you`re thinking of Christine and Steven Orr, I wonder what happened to them?
I tihnk you might be a bit young to remember the Roes as they left for Blackpool in 1971
Old 05-04-2007, 18:18   #6
Resting in Peace

Gosh, sorry I cannot help you Chrissie, don't believe myself that I can't remember this family .. quite large weren't they !?

Knew loads of people on this street, but this lot completely escape my memory.

'Course I lived on the second block going down on the right and probably never crossed the road when going 'up' to the shops. :-)

Sorry to waste space on yer thread.

My in-laws lived for a while on Sparth Avenue (don't ask me for dates, haven't a clue ) think it was no. 67 .. end one anyway and overlooked the rec. was quite nice.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58   #7

Talking of barnes street, Danny Green, Satch Collier,a couple of names that come to mind. I think there was a rag shop down Barnes St circa 1960s, other names , Gordon Bamber, Keith Warring, The Hayes Twins.John Riddiough, David Catlow.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 13:11   #8
God Member

danny green if its the same one is in prison now, joe hayes is my mates dad, him and his bro are fine i think
Old 10-04-2007, 21:11   #9

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Talking of barnes street, Danny Green, Satch Collier,a couple of names that come to mind. I think there was a rag shop down Barnes St circa 1960s, other names , Gordon Bamber, Keith Warring, The Hayes Twins.John Riddiough, David Catlow.
Thanks Alan, yes I know quite a few of those names, Jo Heyes used to hang around with us at the time when I knew Nigel Roe. I remember Satch Colllier from early days in the Albion and John Riddiough was one of the first lads in clayton to have long hair, I remember him making an entrance at the New Jerusalem club when I was about 10, he was a lot older than me, but I never forgot that hair
Old 10-04-2007, 21:15   #10

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
danny green if its the same one is in prison now, joe hayes is my mates dad, him and his bro are fine i think
If youre on about the same Danny Green, he was once with my ex sister in law, Jackie Birtwistle. I knew Jo from when he used to hang around with our crowd, brill chap, always made me laugh
Old 10-04-2007, 22:03   #11
God Member

joe's daughter got married last week and yes its the same Danny, i know jackie very very well, i used to babysit for her
Old 18-04-2007, 23:52   #12

Danny had a sister, I think she was called Shiela or Pat, also from Lower Barnes St, the Lords, Bernard, Joe, three others, Keith Topham. I used to go to Clayton youth club with John Riddiough, there was a Group that played there Tread Wheels & so on, fronted by Roy Taylor. The Bamber brothers, lived in the house by the Forts Arms bus stop, also Irene Boothman, Hollingrake sisters, Kathleen Jameson, was there a rag shop down Lower Barnes St.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:25   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Danny had a sister, I think she was called Shiela or Pat, also from Lower Barnes St, the Lords, Bernard, Joe, three others, Keith Topham. I used to go to Clayton youth club with John Riddiough, there was a Group that played there Tread Wheels & so on, fronted by Roy Taylor. The Bamber brothers, lived in the house by the Forts Arms bus stop, also Irene Boothman, Hollingrake sisters, Kathleen Jameson, was there a rag shop down Lower Barnes St.
Yes I remember Roy Taylor being the lead singer. I can recall one time when he, Barry Dickson and Pete Roe were singing `imagine im in love with you` at the bottom of our back one day. Strange how things stick in your head, lol.
I loved going to the New Jerusalem with my new orange pokadot skirt with sticky out paper underskirt on that me mum made for me. I was only about 10/11ish and I remember drinking loads of cidona pop and Im sure I got slightly ****ed off it. I was a sick as a dog when I got home,lol
Old 22-04-2007, 13:08   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
Yes I remember Roy Taylor being the lead singer. I can recall one time when he, Barry Dickson and Pete Roe were singing `imagine im in love with you` at the bottom of our back one day. Strange how things stick in your head, lol.
I loved going to the New Jerusalem with my new orange pokadot skirt with sticky out paper underskirt on that me mum made for me. I was only about 10/11ish and I remember drinking loads of cidona pop and Im sure got slightly ****ed off it. I was a sick as a dog when I got home,lol
saw roy n missus at burnley mechanics last night, told him to get up n jam with em, he declined.
Old 23-04-2007, 05:53   #15

Next time you see him Cash tell him to get himself on here and say hello.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..