Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 04:13   #61

Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Yea, David Foster did take up the cloth, OS, He was parish priest at St Peters Mill Hill, Blackburn, for about 15 yrs, He has had poor health lately, and now retired, my mum & dad, still have contact with him, ( they live in Cherry Tree ). I used to catch the same bus as him when I was going to Blackburn Tech, in the 60s, he was going to St Mary's College,He had a brother John, who was mentally handicaped, also was there any O,Kanes who lived down Barnes St ?.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01   #62

Yep remember John walking home with his dad from the brickworks. Sorry to hear of Davids ill health hope he's o.k. he was a diamond bloke friendly and suppostive. Good luck all Old Saintonian happy shopping !!!!!!!
Old Saintonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:30   #63

You've got a fantastic memory OS>, Remember the Catlows,
Old 07-12-2009, 12:09   #64

I vaguely remember them, I think David was one, there was also one of them played in the snooker team at the Come and Welcome very dour player but relable, Jack was the one I think. Correct or what? Old Saintonian best wishes all. !!!!!!!
Old Saintonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:10   #65

David lives down Lower Barnes St, drinks in the Fortes Arms, most of the time, Jack comited suicide about 10 yrs ago while living in Rishton, there was a sister as well I think.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
I was wondering as you do if anyone knew the whereabouts of the Roe Family who used to live in Barnes Street, Clayton le Moors and moved to Blackpool in 1971
There was
Nigel (Charlie)
Peter
Christopher
Tony
Les
Dot and
Georgina
Hi Chrissy...yea I remember Charlie Roe, used to drink with him in the "owd days" ...he was a proper mod and always looked smart in his suit when we went out....used to live on left side of street goin down (did you?)...Ray Tyldsley lived across road, and Dave (slasher) Catlow I think was next door. Lost touch when Charlie moved and havent heard from since....do ya remember playin cards in the old days and Smiffy "John Smith" chasin Joan Ormerod Upstairs???.....Thats another story...... lmao
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 19:21   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngleIron View Post
....do ya remember playin cards in the old days and Smiffy "John Smith" chasin Joan Ormerod Upstairs???.....Thats another story...... lmao
Wondered if you meant Jean Ormerod AngleIron .. she lived next door but one to me on Barners Street ? Married Ken Anderton.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:37   #68

Was Jean married to David Swindells at one time, 1960s, I remember a John Smith who used to wander around Clayton on his own, a very strange guy, If anyone runs into Dave Catlow can you mention I was asking about him.
Old 09-12-2009, 23:22   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Was Jean married to David Swindells at one time, 1960s, I remember a John Smith who used to wander around Clayton on his own, a very strange guy, If anyone runs into Dave Catlow can you mention I was asking about him.
might have been jean instead of joan...remember she had very dark hair, and was quite dark skinned too...smiffy... yea a bit of a strange charachter to most people but at that time was one of my best mates and would do anythin for you..we had loads of laffs in albion. his mother was Isobel and lived at 102 whalley rd....she was great..he had a younger brother but im not sure if hes still around......we had many a good night boozin with his "unoficial" uncle Willie Hart.. (he bought it we supped it)...oh if only i could do it all again...it would all be the same!..every new years eve was party time...cant remember the name of the house but it was behind Forts Arms Boozer....think it may have been Willow House (Willies Place) need some help on this!!...got loads o stories bout eary times in clayton.... Ollie
Old 09-12-2009, 23:33   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

used to mate wi his unofficial uncle back in the day when him n johnny fritz were bouncers up accy con, lived wi johnny at the time, willie lived up ossy then, got wed n went up within grove, used to pop up yon as i knew him n his missus, still down clayton now i think, aint seen him fer 12 months or so. will tell ya some funny tales if yer at brewers next week.
Old 09-12-2009, 23:57   #71

see ya up at brewers for a natter...
Old 10-12-2009, 00:00   #72

if anybody can tell me what joan/jeans nickname was intat old days ill donate £50 to accy stanley
Old 10-12-2009, 00:15   #73

it wont be broadcasted so if yer out there joan/jean.....
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54   #74
God Member

I'm thinking there used to be a lass called Verity who lived down that way , 66ish ...only remember it because thought it was an 'odd/unique' name , funny thing is there was another lass with the same name who used to go in the Blue Dahlia .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:21   #75

I dont think it is the same John Smith that I was on about, this guy was a loner had a crew cut looked Italian, olive skin, I pretty sure he lived on Devonshire Drive,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..