Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Help needed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/help-needed-57070.html)

accysam 03-03-2011 06:53

Help needed

I need a big, big ,big favour from somebody.

Living in France it is impossible to research the electoral roll.

I need the names and address of everyone in Thorneyholme road from the rolls 1965,1966,1966,1967,1968.

My name is Stephen Moon, i left Accy in 85 and have ended up living deep in France.

I know its a big ask but just hoping.

Trying find an old friend but cannot remember surname.

Many Thanks

Accysam aka Steve

wadey 03-03-2011 10:07

Re: Help needed

Will the library not help ?

entwisi 03-03-2011 10:44

what about census? I thought they were "onlining" it
( I know its only every 10 years but it may strike lucky on the 61 or 71 survey.)

Alternatively, post what bits you remember and see if anyone else recognises them and can get you more details.

e.g.

lad called Robert, nickname was shorty, had an older sister, used to ride a blue BMX

etc

yerself 03-03-2011 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
what about census? I thought they were "onlining" it
( I know its only every 10 years but it may strike lucky on the 61 or 71 survey.)

I think I'm right but aren't census details only released after 100 years? The latest census to become available online is 1911.

garinda 03-03-2011 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 888795)
I think I'm right but aren't census details only released after 100 years? The latest census to become available online is 1911.

You're right, the 1911 census has recently become available online.

:)

Retlaw 03-03-2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accysam (Post 888764)
I need a big, big ,big favour from somebody.

Living in France it is impossible to research the electoral roll.

I need the names and address of everyone in Thorneyholme road from the rolls 1965,1966,1966,1967,1968.

My name is Stephen Moon, i left Accy in 85 and have ended up living deep in France.

I know its a big ask but just hoping.

Trying find an old friend but cannot remember surname.

Many Thanks

Accysam aka Steve

Try this
Its the email address of Accrington Community History, Accy Library.
[email protected]

Retlaw

cashman 03-03-2011 20:33

what was the christian name sam? i knew n mated wi a few from Thorneyholme in the years yeh mentioned? also Beechy was up that way then he may know.;) P.S. yer no relation to a "Deena Moon" are yeh?

accysam 03-03-2011 21:23

Its a girl I am looking for but can,t remember her name only know that dad was a copper she would have been about 16 in 1965
I am Deena s cousin, my mum was Alice and my Dad Lol
Thanks

cashman 03-03-2011 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by accysam (Post 888953)
Its a girl I am looking for but can,t remember her name only know that dad was a copper she would have been about 16 in 1965
I am Deena s cousin, my mum was Alice and my Dad Lol
Thanks

Well back in 63 i was a apprentice butcher at slingers Load Of Mischief, n yer cousin Deena worked in the office in those days, bit of a "Looker" no question.:D;) if i run into any of the owd Thorneyholme roaders i will ask about the coppers daughter,

katex 03-03-2011 23:50

If you are still struggling in a few days, Accysam, I will go and take a look for you. Know what it is like when a name escapes you ... drives you bananas.:Banane06::Banane06:

I was brought up on William Street, and had quite a few friends on Thorneyholme Road. For instance, went to school with a girl from this road whose father was a policeman, however, would be approx. 6 years older than the lady you seek. Can only remember her first name .. Jill ...dang, dang .. knew her really well too. :(

accysam 04-03-2011 07:05

Many thanks for the offer. I think there was a few police houses up there, used to have the helmet in the side window, they wouldn't do it now!!!!!

accysam 04-03-2011 07:06

Yes she was a looker you are right, did jack gee work at slinger, he is related too??

Margaret Pilkington 04-03-2011 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by accysam (Post 889005)
Yes she was a looker you are right, did jack gee work at slinger, he is related too??

I know that you were asking Cashy about Jack Gee....but I am going to answer part of the question.......Yes, Jack Gee did work at Slingers......how do I know, well, I worked at the Slingers Peel St shop and Jack would sometimes do deliveries to us........can't remember Cashy doing deliveries though.

cashman 04-03-2011 08:51

cashy didn't do deliveries,had a brew wi jack in town a couple of weeks ago, he had been in hospital,around xmas, aint doin great, hope hes soon on the mend, good bloke.

Bernard Dawson 04-03-2011 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 888990)
If you are still struggling in a few days, Accysam, I will go and take a look for you. Know what it is like when a name escapes you ... drives you bananas.:Banane06::Banane06:

I was brought up on William Street, and had quite a few friends on Thorneyholme Road. For instance, went to school with a girl from this road whose father was a policeman, however, would be approx. 6 years older than the lady you seek. Can only remember her first name .. Jill ...dang, dang .. knew her really well too. :(

Wasn't there quite a few police houses on Thorneyholme Rd at that time.