Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Phillip Pratt, Optician (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/phillip-pratt-optician-58788.html)

Bob Dobson 04-08-2011 13:41

Phillip Pratt, Optician

The shop on Abbey Street was sold by Phillip Pratt to the present owner seven years ago. They do not have his new address, which is 'down South'. Can you help me find him?

wadey 04-08-2011 13:54

Re: Phillip Pratt, Optician

Was he George's brother ?

Bob Dobson 04-08-2011 14:01

I simply don't know. There was a Barrie Pratt at Accrington Grammar School, but they are not related.

jaysay 04-08-2011 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadey (Post 923447)
Was he George's brother ?

Ya he was Georges brother wadey, I used to mate out with Georges son when I was in my teens, as for Philip Bob, hell me must be knocking on a bit now

MargaretR 04-08-2011 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 923460)
hell me must be knocking on a bit now

I thought the same. I was in the same form as his daughter at high school.
My parents were born in 1909 so would be centenarians if they were still living.

jaysay 04-08-2011 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 923462)
I thought the same. I was in the same form as his daughter at high school.
My parents were born in 1909 so would be centenarians if they were still living.

George was well into his seventies when he died, which must have been twenty years ago and I think Philip was the elder

Bob Dobson 04-08-2011 15:29

One of these days, Jaysay, I'll come up with the name of somebody you HAVEN'T known or supped with.

Thanks M - I will speak with your reunion organiser.

jaysay 04-08-2011 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 923468)
One of these days, Jaysay, I'll come up with the name of somebody you HAVEN'T known or supped with.

Thanks M - I will speak with your reunion organiser.

You've got a job on there then Bob:D

Retlaw 04-08-2011 19:32

[quote=Bob Dobson;923468]One of these days, Jaysay, I'll come up with the name of somebody you HAVEN'T known or supped with.
E asn't supped wi me, an I swear I don't know im.:D
Retlaw

wadey 04-08-2011 20:22

Thanks Jaysay, George died some years ago, think his daughter did an article for the local papers, I wonder if Phillip had a branch on Lower Deardengate at Haslingden

Bob Dobson 04-08-2011 20:42

I have just spoken to one of Philip Pratt's sons, John. I have learned that Philip has died, also Jaqueline, mentioned by Margaret earlier. Philip's son Martin took the business over but sold out 7yrs ago and lives down South (?) I cannot help with the Haslingden query.

MargaretR 04-08-2011 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 923543)
I have just spoken to one of Philip Pratt's sons, John. I have learned that Philip has died, also Jaqueline, mentioned by Margaret earlier. Philip's son Martin took the business over but sold out 7yrs ago and lives down South (?) I cannot help with the Haslingden query.

So sad to hear that Jacqueline has died.
She never attended reunions but our organiser (Jean) kept track of most of us. Very few are 'whereabouts unknown'

jaysay 05-08-2011 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadey (Post 923540)
Thanks Jaysay, George died some years ago, think his daughter did an article for the local papers, I wonder if Phillip had a branch on Lower Deardengate at Haslingden

I'm nearly sure he did wadey, having lived in hassy for a few years seem to remember a shop there, maybe we can get Bee to do some research when he comes back from holiday;)

wadey 05-08-2011 11:45

Think it was the one with the clock outside between the Roebuck and the Legion, more of a jewellers than an opticians,will try and find a better photo

Lower Deardengate, Haslingden, Lancashire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

shillelagh 05-08-2011 12:56

yes it was phillip pratts in haslingden on lower deardengate ....i had my ears pierced there in december 1978 ... got a day off school to go and get em done cos my mum could only get an appointment on a wednesday morning ... and i talked my mum into getting hers pierced at the same time ...:D:D:D