Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Moorhead High School (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/moorhead-high-school-8089.html)

rockrabbit 01-03-2005 10:25

Re: Moorhead High School

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Think that's Mr. Walmsley rabbit, that was his class room and yes he would have come flying out after you lol!!

lol he wasnt very welcoming

carl hurles 03-03-2005 09:05

i used to go there and i hated it i ended up at holins high

Mik Griff 03-03-2005 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Mr McHale

His were the best lessons whilst I was at Moorhead, absolute quality teacher.

luke orourke 1988 03-03-2005 14:10

i remember moorhead and st chrisis hated each other (i went to st chrisis).

PILKYBUSDRIVER 04-03-2005 22:29

Chemistry teacher Mr cartilage(or however you spell it)he was a good teacher and was identical to mr magoo.He once came on the stage in front of all the Cromwell building and said he could make us all disappear and then promptly took his glasses off,pmsl.The point he was trying to make was that someone had lost their glasses and not come to claim them.

StvKy 04-03-2005 23:28

Ken Scott inspired me to take up a career in woodworking, I'm still at it 20 odd years later. The most inspiring teacher that I ever encountered was a guy that went by the name of Winky Barrel, a chemistry teacher. He taught me for a year and sadly died. I think that must have been around 1975, the guy had been a professor but an objector to the second war and so got shuffled down to the grammar school, passionate about his subject though

RossendaleRed 15-03-2005 18:33

I remember all those teachers mentioned earlier, cant believe Mr Williamson is still teaching art, his wife taught us French as well. He put down £100 on my desk in tenners to answer a question i quite clearly could not answer! Gave me E E in my report "little imagination" etc etc. Mr Robinson and Cricket and Italian Football, those were good days! Memories Memories. Mr McGraph looking at the cieling whilst talking to you...Mr Cauldwell taking the mick out of people. Mr Wells, and his knack of making you sing a nursery rhyme when you went into his classroom....Mrs Simms? Does anybody remember her? What was the female music teacher called who loved herself? I left in 84

lindsay ormerod 15-03-2005 19:20

Blimey yes;female music teacher,blonde curly hair??Was it Barrett??

Sparkologist 15-03-2005 19:32

I remember her. She went round with the belief that the sun shone out of her ar$e.

Sparkologist 15-03-2005 19:34

I still see Robbo occaisionally at Old Trafford, watching Lancashire during the cricket season. He's got the life of Reilly.

RossendaleRed 16-03-2005 18:45

The music teacher was called Miss dickinson and then she married and is Mrs Regan.
Had to ring a few old school pals up for that info but feel better that i did!!

Tinkerbelle 16-03-2005 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Blimey yes;female music teacher,blonde curly hair??Was it Barrett??

Don't quote me but if we are on about the same Mrs Barrett as when I was there, she was a rather large lady with short dark hair and blonde streaks. She was a science teacher, can't remember which one Chemistry, Physics or Biology.

lettie 17-03-2005 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RossendaleRed
The music teacher was called Miss dickinson and then she married and is Mrs Regan.

I remember her. She seemed full of herself when we were at school, I met her many years later during the course of my work and she was actually rather nice..:) Looking at your profile Ross Red, I bet you were in the same year as me and Sparkologist.:D

RossendaleRed 17-03-2005 19:26

I actually heard that as well that she is really nice. Maybe I was a stuck up kid! Lettie, Sparkoligist I left in May or June 84.

Tina 18-03-2005 02:51

I love this site! I remember the whole ordeal with Gary Robinson getting struck by lightening. I was the girlfriend of Allan Tootle at the time (who I believe was Gary's step brother. ) Ahhhh first love....I will never ever forget the moment Mr. Webb (religious studies) and Mr. Lowe (p.e.) came running in to the assembly hall where we were all clustered and made to sing to calm us until the storm had passed. They were drenched and literally sobbing. They had tried to save the boy and could not.

My favorite teachers were Mrs. Poole (commerce) and my art teacher who I only remember as Angela (anyone know her last name?)....she had brilliant red hair....and I remember her, because she really seemed to care about her students. Anyone remember Mr. Sutcliffe? He was either my chemistry or math teacher (getting old - memory fading)....he once lifted me off the ground by my hair for playing catch with a tennis ball in the hallway. Terrible temper ! Mr. White was my music teacher - pompous little man he was....I wanted to play the trumpet, and he informed me that girls do not play the trumpet, and gave me a french horn instead. That lasted two weeks or so. Music was the first subject I dropped, (right before physics) ....funnily enough I am a musician and writer now. Anyone remember the scandal spreading across the school that Mr. White was having an affair with a student....? Can't remember her last name but her first name was Karen.
Ms. Tomlinson caught me smoking with a group of boys and we all got sent to Mr. Mcaffry. The boys all got the cane. I got a letter sent home to my mother. I don't know which was worse.

Tina
Canada