Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2003, 19:39   #1
Junior Member+

Post ANDERSONS

Greetings from Italy!
Can anybody tell me about Jon Anderson(Yes' magnificient singer)'s relatives?You know,just in case I came up to Lancs...I'd really love to hear from you!
gianmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2003, 12:23   #2

Post Re: ANDERSONS

Why would you want to meet his relatives? It's like saying someone likes David Beckham but would like to meet his Mum and Auntie
Old 02-10-2003, 13:00   #3
God Member

my mate met Posh's mum in a resaurant 3 weeks ago
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 15:33   #4
Junior Member+

I mean I'm actually curious to hear ANYTHING about this great guy from,let's say,available sources...Jon nowadays lives in California,I also spoke to him once backstage in Rome,but you can't imagine how many times I tried to send an e-mail to him...So,why not try with his hometown and his,who knows,friends,relatives or whatever?
Old 02-10-2003, 16:09   #5
God Member

What's this place Terracina?......hows it translate into English..."Earth..(something or other)? Pray tell
Old 13-11-2003, 15:14   #6
Junior Member+

Oh,finally!I had forgotten my password and couldn't actually find out how to get it back...at last,I'm back,and I'd like to say thank you very much to all those who wanted to answer to my topic.See you soon.Tealeaf:were Yes great way back in the '70s?YES ARE MAGIC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-11-2003, 15:38   #7
God Member

Hi Ya Gian

Yes, Yes were great back in the 70's  - saw them twice at King Georges in Blacburn and once at the Free Trade in Manchester....somewhere else as well but can't quite remember where....
Old 24-04-2006, 18:35   #8

Re: ANDERSONS

I dont know if this will help but jon and his brother tony lived accross from my Auntie in Norfolk St Accrinton,Jon as you know played with the following groups Cream ,Small faces, then teamed with Van Gelis to write Chariots of Fire. His brother Tony had a group but the name escapes me in the 60's and appeared on Granada television on a talent show along with the Beatles but I dont know how his carrer went. The family's name was as you may know was Anderton but I believe his mother's madien name was Mellilue and she had musical connections, and as a little piece of usless information Jon was in the same class as my wife at school which puts him around 63 now, hope my wife does not find out I giving ages out
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 21:32   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccy
as a little piece of usless information Jon was in the same class as my wife at school which puts him around 63 now, hope my wife does not find out I giving ages out
No, he will be around 60/61 ish .. Tony was my age (62/63) and Johnny the younger brother; used to play with them in St. John's schoolyard after hours, he was a sweet, shy, bonny little lad, (unlike Tony) didn't realise he was famous until a few years back.
Tony in the Warriors was it not ?

There is still family here in Accrington, but don't want to say really, suppose best to go through fan clubs, etc.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 09:30   #10

I think Willow & Wynonie Harris know quite a bit about the Warriors, probably Cashman as well ,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 16:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccy
I dont know if this will help but jon and his brother tony lived accross from my Auntie in Norfolk St Accrinton,Jon as you know played with the following groups Cream ,Small faces, then teamed with Van Gelis to write Chariots of Fire. His brother Tony had a group but the name escapes me in the 60's and appeared on Granada television on a talent show along with the Beatles but I dont know how his carrer went. The family's name was as you may know was Anderton but I believe his mother's madien name was Mellilue and she had musical connections, and as a little piece of usless information Jon was in the same class as my wife at school which puts him around 63 now, hope my wife does not find out I giving ages out
Jo(h)n Anderson was 60 last year, his mothers maiden name was Rishton.
She was my fathers cousin.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 00:29   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

johns brother tony was in los bravos for a while (after the chart hit) if i remember he was also my gaffer at the ewbank,nice bloke crap gaffer, there was also a sister called joy who would be about 55 ish now she was a bonny lass who i used to fancy but thought she was a bit young,says cashy wistfully lol aint seen her since late 60s don,t know what became of her,but she was a very pleasant girl.a mate of mine still has the warriors single (you came along) on decca. i used to love the warriors, but never was a yes fan.
Old 29-04-2006, 03:11   #13
Super Moderator

Right, I´ll make this quick as it´s 10pm here in Lima and there´s mucho cerveza to get through. The Warriors consisted of Jon and Tony Anderson, Rod Hill, Ian Brereton, Dave Foster and Ian Wallace. Apart from You Came Along, they also made one other single but I´ve forgotten the name. After the group broke up in ´67 Jon made a solo single called The Magic Toyshop under the name Hans Christian Anderson. Rod Hill and Dave Foster joined up with another local musician Dave Wammy Walmsley and Jim Payne to form a shortlived group called Accrington Stanley and Ian Wallace went on to drum for King Crimson and Bob Dylan, amongst others. Jon certainly did NOT perform with Cream or the Small Faces.

Like Mr C, I´m not a big Yes fan as triple concept albums and hippy dippy cosmic lyrics are´nt my cup of tea. However, there´s no denying that they´re an immensely talented group. I just wish that Jon would put some of his fortune into his local football club!

Right, it´s off to the cantena now for guinea pig and chips, washed down with a few bottles of Cristal, the beer of Peru. Asta la vista!
Old 30-04-2006, 22:32   #14

Knew I could count on you two, to come up with the goods.
Old 01-05-2006, 23:00   #15

Probably the only person in OZ to have a cd ( one song ) by Accrington Stanley, sent to me from one Wynonie Harris, to whom I am very greatfull. All though not my type of music, its pretty good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..