Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2003, 07:40   #1
Senior Member+

Post Baker family from Accrington

Does this ring any bells?
"My name was Edna Baker when living in Accrington. My Mum was Marjorie Baker and my dad Fred.  We lived in Pearl Street, then Frederick Street, then Meadoway, Church.
I must still have some cousins around. One used to run the Black Abbey Pub, one was Sheila Penny,
I went to St Andrews in Russia St, then St James, then St Christophers.
It would be great to hear from any rellies"
Please let Atarah know if you think you could help this person
Thanks
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2003, 06:58   #2
Senior Member+

Post ore info Baker family from Accrington

Hi, tried to amend my posting, but couldn't.  More info. been received :  There was a Sheila Penny , her mum was Ellen, my dad's sister, her dad was Hubert. I know it is a long shot the other cousins I cannot fully remember, as I was the youngest of the cousins, another was Fred he lived in Wokingham, I also had a cousin Walter, who had a daughter named Ann, he and his wife had a boarding house in Blackpool for some years, his dad was my dad's brother.

One of the other cousins was Ellen and her husband, they ran the Black Abbey pub for quite a time.

As I said it is a long shot as I was the youngest of the cousins, and I am approaching retirement age, and maybe they don't bother with computers and e-mail

Does this ring any bells with anyone please?   Atarah
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2003, 06:57   #3

Post Re: Baker family from Accrington

Atarah,

I send you a PM, but no reply as yet. I know Edna Baker and use to go to school with her.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..