Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 11:35   #1
Junior Member+

Briggs family

Does anyone know the whereabouts of my two cousins,Pamela and Gillian?
Goldilocks likes this.
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2010, 13:33   #2
God Member

Re: Briggs family

Give us a bit more info - ages, where they last lived, etc.

I know a family called Briggs but wouldn't know if they were related or not.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 20:02   #3

Hi Markymark, This could be a long shot, but was their dad called Walter by any chance ?. If the answer is yes, then I can trace who Walter married in the 1980s. I met his two daughters but can not remember their names, although Pamela and Gillian has a ring to it..The Family lived in a place called Osboldeston near Houghton / Blackburn area. Walter was a drummer on the club circuit..........Tony
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:32   #4
Junior Member+

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Give us a bit more info - ages, where they last lived, etc.

I know a family called Briggs but wouldn't know if they were related or not.
Lost track of where they lived,but relatively local as far as i can gather.They will both be in their early fifties and their parents were called Tom and Ruth.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:34   #5
Junior Member+

Thanks Tony but their dad was called Tom.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52   #6
Senior Member+

This Tom Briggs may be a lad from my past. If alive today he would /will be 69/70yrs. I went toSt John's school with a Tommy Briggs in th40s-50s. During the war, he had a blood deficiency which meant that his mother got extra coupons to buy bananas for him. Thus he got called Banana Tommy.He lived down Castle Street I think. I thought he had died quite young. A very cheerful lad.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
This Tom Briggs may be a lad from my past. If alive today he would /will be 69/70yrs. I went toSt John's school with a Tommy Briggs in th40s-50s. During the war, he had a blood deficiency which meant that his mother got extra coupons to buy bananas for him. Thus he got called Banana Tommy.He lived down Castle Street I think. I thought he had died quite young. A very cheerful lad.
Bob, had a John Briggs in my class at Spring Hill, thought he went to AGS same time I did. His parents had a newsagents (?) half way up Ormerod St, LH side going up. Think he had a younger brother.

Last edited by Barrie Yates; 09-09-2010 at 10:09. Reason: Further information
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 21:12   #8
Senior Member+

I think that this John Briggs is dead. His younger brother, by one year, Geoff lives in Spain. I am in touch with him.

Markymark has not given much for us to go on. -Try again Marky
Old 10-09-2010, 11:18   #9
Junior Member+

Only other thing i can remember is that the girls grandparents on mums side i think,lived at 81 Avenue Parade.I think Pamela married, but not Gillian, well at least not the last we spoke! I know its sketchy but its been a while!
Old 11-09-2010, 18:49   #10

I went to same school did he have a sister called valerie?
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 09:45   #11
Junior Member+

Not sure about extended family! Cant even remember which school Pam and Gill attended!
Old 15-09-2010, 01:32   #12
Senior Member+

Thomas Briggs married Ruth Rigby at St Johns Accrington in 1950. Pamela Jean was born in 1957 and Gillian Ann was born in 1959 both Accrington. Sorry can't find any marriages.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 02:19   #13
Senior Member+

Hi Mark, I checked friends reunited and found a Gillian Briggs at Accy Girls High School who left in 1975, right age, she is now a head teacher at a school in Wilmslow Cheshire and has a sister living in Rawtenstall. I left a message that you were looking so if she is the right one she may come on here, wait and see I guess.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 09:06   #14
Junior Member+

Thanks very much,it is the right family! Hope Gillian gets in touch!
Old 17-09-2010, 21:06   #15
Senior Member+

Just in case there turns out to be a family link - see the thread about Joseph Briggs of Milnshaw Lane, who gave a collection of Tiffany glass to the town.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..