Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 23:13   #61

Re: Cronshaw/Dean

Are You Back Yet Brian ?
:-)
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2011, 18:22   #62
Senior Member+

Yes, back now but been laid up with kidney stones for the past month. Finally starting to feel like O.K. again. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, anyway, fire away with your Desoer questions Pete.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 22:13   #63

Hi Ossy Kid
Hope Palms Springs was good and the kidney stones have cleared up. I would apprieciate any information on Noel and Ellen Desoer/Flynn. I believe they married at Choben ( I have a copy of the marriage certificate if you want a copy) Any photos of them , a wedding photo would be great if you have one. did Ellen and Noel divioce/split ? Our family lost contact with Ellen/Nelly years ago she was the oldest child in her family her brothers being John Patrick and Charles Flynn. Her morther was Bridget Flynn nee GUINANE father Charles.If you have any information on the Guinanes that would be great too. I think the family got the salvation army to track Ellen down in the 60s but she didnt want the family to know anything other than she was OK.
I think some of your family ended up living up Coniston Avenue in the 80's...? I dont think they were Desoers though.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35   #64
Senior Member+

Hi Accypete, yes back and kicking thanks. Sorry can,t help you with Ellen and Noel other than Noel died in Sept 1982 in Hertfordshire. They were married at St Annes Cobham Rd Acc 29-Dec. 1907. As for her parents, Bridget was born 1 Dec. 1886 in Summerhill Nenagh County, Ireland and she married Charles Flynn at Sacred Heart Jan.9 -1907. HER parents were Patrick Guinane B-1855 Ireland, D-1911 in Acc and Bridget Ryan B-1845 in Tipperary D-5 Jan.1926 Acc. My sister lived on Coniston in the 80s. I have some info on Ellens brothers and family if you like, did they not keep in touch with Ellen?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38   #65
Senior Member+

Sorry that should be married 29 Dec.1928 not 1907.
Old 12-06-2011, 18:41   #66

Hi Ossy kid I have that information already thanks anyway. Did Noel and Ellen sepperate or did they both move down south I heard south mimms mentioned by someone. do you know if Ellen died down there as well?
Old 13-06-2011, 04:09   #67
Senior Member+

Here,s some info I came across, don,t know if it,s the right person but the time frame fits.
a Noel Desoer married Catherine McGuffog Sept. 1942 in Watford Herts. As he died in Watford I think it,s a probability, so it appears, if this is correct, that they were divorced? Sorry can,t find a death for Ellen.
Old 25-06-2011, 15:21   #68
Senior Member+

Hi Pete, when did you live on Napier St? I lived on the corner of Napier/Nelson in the 50s.
Old 28-06-2011, 19:27   #69

No Brian my G Grandad lived there ,he joined the pals that was the address he gave when he joined. He and the family moved around that area quite a bit in a short period of time he lived in about 4 or five streets I think the last street was Augusta......I think he was dodging the rent man ;-)
Old 28-01-2012, 12:12   #70

Have just read your message with interest. My father was a John Woof Cronshaw, from Blackburn, and I believe his father to be a James Woof Cronshaw.I would love to be able to trace some descendants, or perhaps supply someone a few details?
Thank You,
Jeremy Hugh Cronshaw
Greyhounde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2012, 12:17   #71

I think it was either my Grandfather, a James Woof Cronshaw, or his father, who built the Police Station at Great Harwood. My father was a John Woof Cronshaw.

Thanks,
Greyhounde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 01:20   #72

Hi Ossy Kid
Do you know if they had any children?
This sounds like it could be correct as I have other information that I cant /wont post here ties in the time line of that information just need to confirm it
Regards
Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 15:02   #73
Junior Member+

Accrington Stanley, I thought, were wound -up in 1962.
ocuana1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 17:11   #74
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocuana1939 View Post
Accrington Stanley, I thought, were wound -up in 1962.
Resigned from the football league in March, 1962, went into liquidation in December, 1963, carried on as an amateur team, folded completely in Jan, 1966, reformed in Oct, 1968, started playing again in Aug, 1970, returned to the football league in May, 2006.
Old 24-03-2013, 17:43   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
It,s a pleasure sue, it,s just a hobby but I,ve been doing it for about 15 years. 62 Sultan St is still there, or was last time I looked. I actually lived in Plantation St. during the late 50s, early 60s so am very familiar with the area which was Plantation Mill. I,m still digging but my spade is getting a bit blunt!! Bryan.
Bryan did you know Jesse and Mary kenyon who lived in Plantation Square ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..