Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 17:18   #1
Junior Member+

Talking Derek Heap

Looking for friend i lost contact with Derek Heap, derek got married last year and lives i think on Owen Street near Victoria Hospital if anyone has an address or number for Derek i would be most gratfull
Old 07-11-2007, 16:22   #2
I am Band

Question Re: Derek Heap

Can you tell us a little more about Derek?

I was at junior school with a Derek Heap, at Moor End, in the 1970's.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 17:03   #3
Junior Member+

Re: Derek Heap

Thank you Spark for your reply, i came here Ireland with my work in 2002 i was over in Accrington in July 2006, i saw Derek and then he lived on Garden street near the Hospital i had his mobile, and he was due to get married in September of 2006, i was in the States for two months but could not get to wedding sadly, i have tried his mobile number over past two months but answering message keeps coming on, i do know mobiles can be lost, stupid thing is i cant for the life of me remember what number of the house is, i was going to take pot luck and see if post would deliver it to him, but i was told by a friend i keep in contact with other night that if mail is not properly addressed it gets returned, i have known Derek for many years we both worked together at Calderstones Hospital at Whalley plus i knew his deceased mum and gran and his brother Stephen, i am visiting Accrington over Christmas i could leave it till then, but just wanted to get in contact with him first thank you my friend for your reply
Old 07-11-2007, 17:17   #4
God Member

john i bet you know the morgans who worked at calderstones dont you?
Old 07-11-2007, 18:07   #5
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Derek Heap

Thanks for your reply Flashy, i worked at the hospital for over 26 years when i started there there were over 2000 residents and nearly same amount of staff, the name Morgan sounds very familiar to me, i know the ex staff do have reunions and they is also a website, it was a fantastic place to work, very unique in many ways and i can honestly say there was never a day i did not want to work there but i suppose working with people you never get bored thank you flashy for reply all the best to you
Old 07-11-2007, 18:10   #6
God Member

lol yes i was on about two members of staff who worked there, colleen morgan and mick morgan, its ok i dont want to get in touch with them, my mum and dad used to work at Brockhall in the late 60s early 70s, the where both nurses (RNMS's)
Old 13-11-2007, 07:52   #7

Mick morgan, worked at Brockhall in the 60s, live on larkhill estate, in the hospital grounds. Know the whereabouts, of a few still around. I also worked at Calderstones for a short while, my dad worked there as well, a couple of names, Ian Ferber, Harry Finch, David Wynn, Peter Lee.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 09:09   #8
God Member

no he didnt live on larkhill he lived on brookside, has just sold up, his wife is my mums sister and i hate the whole family they are a family of thieves
Old 14-11-2007, 07:42   #9
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

declan, if no one can help why not try the letter, sometimes our postal system surprises us and if he is still in the hospital area it may just find him, if not as long as you put a return address it should come back to you.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 08:29   #10
Resident Waffler

Garden Street is quite short. If you aim a letter at the middle chances are they may know who lives in the houses either side.

Ooops, just noticed that you think he now lives on Owen Street.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 11:26   #11
Junior Member+

Thank you Mizy and Willow i will give it a try as you both say there is noting to lose and thanks to all of you for your help i really do appreciate it
Old 14-11-2007, 12:38   #12
Resting In Peace

From 192.com
Electoral Roll 2007

2007 DEREK HEAP 20 GARDEN STREET ACCRINGTON BB5 1DB
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 12:46   #13
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Derek Heap

God bless you Jeff, thank you for the trouble you went to get this i am really gratfull mate and wish you all best Declan

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..