Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2010, 07:18   #1

Finding Family Info on Gallagher's

Hi All,

I'm new to this but it was suggested that someone may be able to help. I am searching information on the past of a dear old 92 year old lady. She is a little confused on timing and names. She was born in Northants in 1917 and adopted soon after birth. She moved to Blackburn I think around 1938 living with relatives at 9 Dyson Street, Blackburn the Copping family. She worked in service locally and then moved to 10 Russia Street Accrington. She met a widower with 2 children an army Captain Gallagher based at Preston Barracks. They married early in the war an lived in Accrington address. They divorced some 8 to 10 years later. I would like to find any information and detail relating to Captain Gallagher and the addresses. Any background info would be helpful. This is to help progress on building a family tree.
delboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2010, 18:44   #2
Full Member+

Re: Finding Family Info on Gallagher's

do not know if this is a relative or not but there is a Tom Gallagher on Pansy St North,Accrington
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 20:57   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy58 View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to this but it was suggested that someone may be able to help. I am searching information on the past of a dear old 92 year old lady. She is a little confused on timing and names. She was born in Northants in 1917 and adopted soon after birth. She moved to Blackburn I think around 1938 living with relatives at 9 Dyson Street, Blackburn the Copping family. She worked in service locally and then moved to 10 Russia Street Accrington. She met a widower with 2 children an army Captain Gallagher based at Preston Barracks. They married early in the war an lived in Accrington address. They divorced some 8 to 10 years later. I would like to find any information and detail relating to Captain Gallagher and the addresses. Any background info would be helpful. This is to help progress on building a family tree.
Ring Fulwood Museum at Preston they may still have records of those stationed there.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 15:33   #4
God Member

Don't know if they're the same Gallaghers but I apparently have some relations of that name who I believe lived in the Laneside area. Sorry to be a bit vague but some of our family history on my dad's side is a little sketchy, it's only in the last 30 years or so that we found out about these relatives and that was only because my sister found herself working with one of them.
I'll try & find out a bit more and post again if I find any more detail.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..