Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 17:58   #1
Senior Member+

Friends of Long Ago

I posted this originally in the Hello Section and the realised what a prat I was and this is one of the time it shows.
I have been racking my brains to remember names - Relative, Vincent Ryder - School, Jack Hartley - Friends, Keith Kitchener (Son of "Jason" the Observer Sports writer), Johnny Marshall, Pete Graveson, Bernard Cronshaw, Ken Entwhistle, Kenny Mitchell - Girls, Doreen Mills, Marion ? (lived in a small village on outskirts of Haslingden). At my age the memory isn't what it was, not too bad long term, but have to put some effort and time into the memory activation.
I will continue to attempt to remember other names in the coming days but if any of the aforementioned, or anyone who knows them can pust me in touch I will be very gratefull.
I hope to be in Accrington late June, to see me niece and to pick up some supplies - Greenwood's chees and some black puddings. You can take a lad away from Accrington but you cannot take Accrington away from the lad. An aside - the Frank Hoyle Cup, used to be my Sunday afternoon chore to polish it to earn the entrance for me and a girl to the Odeon Cinema - he was my uncle.
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 22:43   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Friends of Long Ago

barie, you may be heading for a little disappointment . There is no Greenwood's cheese stall. You can still buy good chesse both in the market hall and on the Peel St outside market, but the market hall has faces missing. The lady who ran the stall latterly had bought the business off Mr greenwood. She now travels down to Wells in Somerset each weekend to sell Lancashire cheese on the market there. Another thing you can no longer buy on the market - oat cakes.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..