Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Barrie Yates
  • 1 Post By Barrie Yates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2015, 17:58   #1
Senior Member+

Hyndburn Park 1956 Leavers

A friend has suggested to littlepom that Hyndburn Park Secondary School leavers of 1956 should have a 60th Anniversary next year.
If there are any members who did leave in ’56, or they know of anyone who did, please PM me and I will pass on your information.
Some who are already interested are MW, M & P O’B, MC.
Briseyboy likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2015, 18:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn Park 1956 Leavers

Can observers attend ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 22:17   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Can observers attend ?
I will see if they are willing to invite you as you saw more of them than most of us did
Old 25-11-2015, 10:05   #4
Senior Member+

Please post the names of the girls who are attending. I'm not so much bothered about the lads. I cannot understand why Gordon Booth has not yet posted as to his interest in this event.
Old 26-11-2015, 19:39   #5
Senior Member+

The persons trying to organise this for next summer are Maureen O'Brien, Marion Walsh & a couple of others - P O'B, MC, who all have lunch together every couple of months
So they are still searching for the old girls and boys who left Hyndburn Park School in July 1956. Form teacher was Mrs Neil.
It will be 60 years in July 2016 since they left school, so they would like to meet up again with their old friends, to see how well everyone is looking!!
They want the old boys as well as the old girls to come. Bring your spouses or partners too if you want.
They hope to arrange the get together for next summer, possibly June. Please be brave and get in touch.
I wasn't at Hyndburn Park and didn't spend any time peering through the railings, I was too busy walking one of their class mates home
cashman likes this.
Old 28-04-2016, 17:59   #6
Senior Member+

Attached is a photograph of the Hyndburn Park School pupils who left in 1956. A number of the pupils have decided to hold a reunion this summer, the 60th anniversary of their graduation.
If anyone can fill in the blanks on the photograph please let me have the names. Anyone requiring further information on the reunion please PM me and I will put you in touch with the organisers.

Back Row (L –R) T. Cochrane J. Snowden R. Fletcher R. Greenwood N. Davis ????? R. Fielding P. Pearson

Middle Row (L-R) Mrs Neil (Form teacher) M. Walsh J. Lord ????? A. Conroy J. Ryan P. O’Brien ?????

Front Row (L_R) P. Mudd M. O’Brien K. Duckett A. Peel M. Churchill J. Entwhistle ????? P. Caldwell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HP 1956.jpg (539.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 29-04-2016, 11:25   #7
Senior Member+

I had the hots for Audrey Conroy and Pat Mudd......If that is Audrey Peel of Countess St - I can probably find her. She lost her husband, Don ?? a few years ago, then married ,in haste, a mate of mine, but it didn't last long - Audrey Conroy's dad kept a pub at Bash.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..