Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2003, 19:33   #1

Post iraq war

As a former member of the raf regiment I  keep in touch through a number of websites run by former members of the regiment  today I received a set of pictures which i I would like to share with the forum taken in Iraq recently the website address is as follows http://www.rafregt.8k.com/Iraq_war.htm make sure to get addressright after viewing   them click on to the rest of the website it is by glen beavis and you will find it very interesting and find out all about the royal air force regiment                                      keith
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2003, 06:14   #2

Post Re: iraq war

Intresting site will have to check it often.
Angel
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2003, 08:15   #3

I have looked at it and it really brings things into perspective.  You watch the news and it seems a million miles away, but this site really does make it known they are out there fighting for the right thing [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  .  Good Luck to all that are out there and my blessings are with them  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 16:07   #4
Junior Member+

do you know any iraqi cookery sites? prefferably in english please.
Old 26-12-2003, 17:19   #5

click on to thegl en beavis website raf regiment net at the present time and it is full of iraq stories and pictures I am sure if you e-mail glen he will I am sure get you some iraq  recipes as he in constant touch with the lads out there
Old 28-12-2003, 17:48   #6
Senior Member+

Like Dizzy says it brings it in to your living room when you can place faces.My thoughts go with them as i have a mate out there ' Dooby' at the mo
Old 30-12-2003, 07:10   #7

a good cookery site is http://www.knowledgehound.com/topics/middleer.htm
shows all middle eastern inc iraq recipes
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 20:52   #8

last night what a surprise I found a picture of me taken when I served in the raf regiment the bloke a scotsman that posted it I am touch with and he never even mentioned having any photos however the wife says it is not me and my son says he knows were he got his good looks and hair style from the photo is on the following website www.rockape.org.uk click on to photographs on left side of screen 1950 -1960 scroll down the first page of photos to the bottom along the bottom theres a set of numbers 1 to 10 click page 10 I am near the bottom of the page be patient though because the pictures are slow downloading
Old 21-03-2004, 17:15   #9
mac
I am Banned

Wink Rock apes

where are you normaly based. hows iraq. got back from there may july last year. conditions were pants then and at the airfield we were just about ready to move from the main terminal into the tented city they were constructing.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 19:51   #10

Re: iraq war

As post number8 tells you Iam rather old to be in the RAF regiment now but I am a very active member of the association of the raf regiment There are 32 branches spread out over the uk we have two reunions per year usually held at warners holiday resorts but the branches meets one a month my branch north wales meet at raf sealand and as round about 40 members I suggest you click on to the post before yours and select the rockape website scroll down the left and out of the list of names pick glen beavis name thats one of the best of the many raf regiment sites
Old 21-03-2004, 20:11   #11
mac
I am Banned

Re: iraq war

will look at it. cheers.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..