Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2015, 15:26   #16

Re: Irene Procter Davies, 1921 - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Where did the Boltons live ? I recall a plumber, Jack Bolton, who had a shop in BurnleyRd, around No 68 He was a scout master at St John's in the 50s.. Not married I think. Posting something on here about the family may be helpful, though I suspect that it may be necessary to ask the library for help if you cannot get in there

Check out addresses and names on the 1939 registration, just published on Find My Past
We are working on it. Not too ,many people around who remember, but on the 1911 census their birthplace is listed as Astley Bridge. In 1911 they were living at 23 Maple Street, Clayton-le-Moor. Sharples is also mentioned on other census as a residence.

In 1966 when Harry Bolton died, he was living in Clitheroe.

Apparently, he never owned; he rented. My cousin tells me that he and the family rented rooms in Craven Street in Accrington when Irene (my mother) was about 3 years old.

Last edited by Steerforth; 31-12-2015 at 15:30. Reason: More information
Steerforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2016, 09:35   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
When we moved from 14 Burnley Rd to Dowry St, denbighs back door faced ours, that would be mid 50s, I knew the dad Vinny, and grew up with Christine, who also had a couple of younger brothers, if they were on the opposite side of Burnley Rd, then it was before then.
When I lived at 48 Dowry St, the back door that Cashman speaks of was perhaps that of Mr Smith, a joiner/funeral undertaker. He kept coffins in his back yard, sheltered from the weather in a workshop open to the elements The front of his premises looked like a shop
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:00   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

48 was near top of block below me Bob, facing the foundry, i was at 58.
Old 01-01-2016, 15:41   #19
Full Member+

Jack Bolton the plumber who had a shop in Burnley Road was for several years the groundsman at Accrington Cricket Club and after that I think he was groundsman at Church CC and Enfield CC. I think that he died about 20 years ago.
Bob Dobson likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..