Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13   #1

old friends

Hello my wife Beryl is trying to locate some former friends these are maiden names Carol Hill and Margeret Coo any help appreciated
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2009, 18:35   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: old friends

Hi Doug ... coincidentally, noticed Margaret Coo on Friends Reunited whilst visiting our mutual childhood friends (Kath Moss that was, and Colin Yates). Colin went to Woodnook .. but a year below you and said he remembered this lady.

I have copied and pasted the information that she gives about herself :-

'I have been living in Calgary,Canada for 25yrs.I am married with one son.
I went to Spring Hill School and Woodnook Secondary Modern.I was living in Accrington on Richmond St.
I used to go dancing at Accrington Con, King Georges Hall, and Blackburn Mecca.
Does anyone remember Frank or David Hindle from Clayton-le-Moors,or Shirley Lambert from Accrington?'

Can't help with the other lady though.

Tell Beryl to visit this site and send her a message .. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:20   #3

Knew a Mick Coo long ago. It's an unusual name and wondered if any relation?
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
Knew a Mick Coo long ago. It's an unusual name and wondered if any relation?
would that be the one who lived up ribblesdale ave shazfury? if so he lives away down midlands somewhere now, still see his younger brother n older sister occasionally. dont think its those coos though.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27   #5
Senior Member+

I recently posted under the heading of 'Philip Coo' on Lost Friends & family. I found him in Calgary. However, unless margaret is his sister, I don't think she is his wife. Philip's wife's maiden name was ratcliffe. I will email him to have a looksee at this current posting, though he is not the speediest of responders. Xaccy - PM me if you wish.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50   #6

i knew a ronnie hill and i think he had a sister called carol
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 00:36   #7

That would be the one Cashman. Was a nice guy. Used to hang out with a lad called Ken Heyhurst? We spent a lot of time at the jazz club and the arcs.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:56   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
That would be the one Cashman. Was a nice guy. Used to hang out with a lad called Ken Heyhurst? We spent a lot of time at the jazz club and the arcs.
Yeh thats him shazfury, still see Ken occasionally, went up to see his mam, a couple of years ago, she still lives same house on the crescent. yer post tells me our paths musta crossed back then.
Old 10-01-2010, 00:53   #9

Sounds like we met up somewhere along the way back then Cashman. My memories are always fond ones.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..