Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 22:20   #16

Re: Oswaldtwistle Immanuel Burials

I have had a message back from my friend who has the photograph database and there is no stone for your ancestor so it looks like it maybe just a marked grave without a headstone.

He tells me that he has the same person in his family tree so if you want to contact him let me know and I will put you in touch.

A couple of the members of our group go up to preston records office every couple of weeks so if you want them to look at the original burial record let me know and i will get them to do that for you next time they go.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2013, 22:22   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Where can I look for burials during the thirties, please
If the burials are at Oswaldtwistle let me know the names and I will check if they have a headstone for you and if not we can check the registers next time someone goes upto Preston.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:12   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I've done that, the records are there( Preston) but the sexton seemed to know his stuff, there clearly seems to be a disjoin between what he knows and what is in the records.

Enquire with the Hyndburn branch of the Lancashire Family History Society. one of their members may know the score. If you live nearby, you could call into the society's research room in The Straits on a Saturday afternoon. Joining the society, even for a year, is a good-value thing. See their website
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 14:09   #19

There is a complete set of gravestone inscription records for Immanuel in three volumes in Accrington Library. I don't think it records those graves where no headstone has been erected though.
cashman likes this.
annie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Sorry, I have no further info. Trawling through the Accrington Observer is a possibility. I'm not sure if Lancashire BMD will assist
Thks Bob. My gran died in 1938 and is buried at Immanuel but I don't know where
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:52   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
If the burials are at Oswaldtwistle let me know the names and I will check if they have a headstone for you and if not we can check the registers next time someone goes upto Preston.
Thks Anzac, her name was Ellen Morris (neč Riley) and she was only 48 when she died
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 22:50   #22
God Member

when I spoke to the sexton I was told 1927 onward was behind the church to the right of the pathway if that helps, if I get up ther to look I'll check yours as well as mine... I'm overseas for a shortwhile with work, when I get back we can see if I get to go and check but with kids it will always be as I can rather than when I want to

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..