Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2010, 17:49   #1

Pilkington's of Accrington

I am trying to find anyone who might have family who knew The Pilkington's of 64 Annie Street, Accrington.

William and his 'wife' Annie had 2 boys, Eli in 1908 and William in 1910. They show up at this address on the 1911 census.

They moved to 30 St James street sometime before 1915, William died there in Dec 1915.

Their eldest son Eli Pilkington married a lady from Oswaldtwistle in 1928 called Ivy Maude Ratcliffe, she lived at 21 Brookside Street. They had 6 children :-

Kenneth 1929
Marian 1933
Eunice 1936
Ralf 1940
Alan 1944
Betty 1945

The family lived at 11 Waverley Avenue, Warrington. Eli sadly died in a road accident in 1947, and Ivy remarried to James Fisher in 1948, but she sadly died in 1961.

I would like to also hear from anyone who knew the family when they lived at Waverley Avenue, Warrington. Annie their grandmother has proved to be a very mysterious character and i'd like to find anyone who might remember her as i'm trying to establish what might have happened to her.

Annie was originally married to George Death in Haslingden in 1895 and had 3 children (living in Bacup and Stacksteads),

Maud Annie 1895
Berti 1897
Arthur 1901

Her marriage to William wasn't actually a marriage just a live in union (she was still married to George and abandoned him and their children to live with William). She did go onto bigamously marry Levi Hargreaves in Haslingden in 1922 (George didn't died until 1927).

Are you related to George Death or Levi Hargreaves?

We would dearly love to piece together a life history of this enigma that is Annie.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Tracey McBride
(Partner to Wayne Pilkington, Annie's G Grandson)
cinders11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Tags
accrington, annie street, death, pilkington, waverley avenue

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..