Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2010, 20:44   #1
Senior Member+

Rothwells of West End

I have bought a book, published in 1905, which bears an owner's details:-
Dorothy B Rothwell , 402 Blackburn rd, West end, Ossie. I suspect she was a schoolgirl at some time after 1905. I am having enquiries made to see when the family lived there. I have asked one of this site's members called Rothwell but Dorothy appears nopt to be in that family.

Anyone with family connections to this lady ? I want to give it a good home.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2010, 22:49   #2

Re: Rothwells of West End

Dorothy lived at that address in 1911 with her parents Frederick & Hannah and a brother . She was aged 8 years old at that time.

Over the years I have bought quite a few family bibles and bibles with inscriptions and just recently decided to try and reunite them with the owners or family members who are still around.

For this I have used the Ancestry site and have been quite successful so far and on checking that site tonight there is a Family tree on there that states that Dorothy died in 1935 in the Accrington Area.

I find it really sad sometimes that these sort of things end up for sale but sometimes people are interested in history and others not
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 08:50   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Rothwells of West End

My thanks for this Anzac. It is an example of help and advice being freely available, given by people who like to help. I am in touch with the Hyndburn branch of the Lancashire Family History Society in the hope that one of their members can place this in a good home. I will have a look at Ancestry.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..