Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2004, 12:44   #1
Member.

Scales Funeral Services

I have a small booklet publish by “The Scales Funeral Service Limited” the booklet contains a Message of Memoriam for my Great Grandfather who passed over in 1955.

The rest of the booklet contains various forms of common Christian prayer, lessons and services for the dead.

In itself it is an interesting document, and it also forms an important part of my family history in that it confirmation of other members of the family and dates.

The reason for shearing this information is to ask if The Scales Funeral Service - still exists in Accrington, and if so where.

If not, is there a connection between Scales Funeral Service and Ashworth Street, Accrington, or was this street residential in 1955.

Last edited by Doug; 30-07-2004 at 22:47. Reason: SPELLING AGAIN
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2004, 17:17   #2
Resident Waffler

Lightbulb Re: Scales Funeral Services

There's a Scales Funeral Service in Blackburn (on Darwen Street) but I don't know of a Sales Funeral Service at all.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 17:27   #3
Member.

Re: Scales Funeral Services

I'm a Pillock!!!!!!

It is Scales Funeral Service. Thanks again Willow - Thank god for the Edit Button
Old 25-06-2004, 17:44   #4
Resident Waffler

Red face Re: Scales Funeral Services

heehee

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2004, 17:15   #5
Senior Member+

I am trying to "go back in time" - I am sure Scales' funeral service looked after my grandad way back in 1961. I have a feeling in was in Dutton Street.
As far as I am aware, we only have one Ashworth Street in this area .. and its in Baxenden.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 16:52   #6
God Member

I know this is quite an old post but if u r still interested scales in blackburn are part of the same firm as kirby and huges on blackburn rd i know tis because my uncle is a manager at scales in blackburn hope u was still interested just browsing here and saw this
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 23:32   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
I know this is quite an old post but if u r still interested scales in blackburn are part of the same firm as kirby and huges on blackburn rd i know tis because my uncle is a manager at scales in blackburn hope u was still interested just browsing here and saw this
Not at all Slinky, I grateful for you input and I will follow up on the information provided. Cheers.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-11-2004, 00:36   #8
Junior Member+

You are talking funerals on Friday evening?? Are my new aquaintances wired up to the same ariel???

K x
MutinousMuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 01:32   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinousMuse2
You are talking funerals on Friday evening?? Are my new aquaintances wired up to the same ariel???

K x
What you drinking girl...........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-11-2004, 07:06   #10
Junior Member+

This is the Southern Baptist belt Doug ... we dont drink ( cough,cough)
Iced tea anyone? Are we still talking about Funeral Parlours btw?
MutinousMuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..