Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2009, 09:13   #1

St Pauls, Ossy

I went to St Pauls on Union rd in Ossy in the years 63/68, did i hide behind your sofa?
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2009, 09:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: St Pauls, Ossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spex357 View Post
I went to St Paul's on Union rd in Ossy in the years 63/68, did i hide behind your sofa?
By those dates you must be around 50 year old, knew a lot of kids that went to St Paul's but are a little older, but there is a chance I could know you
Old 20-07-2009, 09:27   #3

Yes i'm 51 damn the secret is out. I have few memories but ran away from home a lot and spent some time having tea with my chums until the door went.
Old 20-07-2009, 09:28   #4

We lived in the chippy at the top of Foxhill Brow
Old 20-07-2009, 09:49   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
We lived in the chippy at the top of Fox Hill Brow
If I'm thinking about the same place it had a cafe in the back, used to go there for dinner in the early seventies when I worked for Pilkington Brothers, seem to remember the people that owned it were big fans of Engelbert Humpadink, the cafe walls were plastered with photos of him quite a few with the lady of the house
Old 20-07-2009, 11:36   #6

Mental Jaysay, yes we had a cafe in the back, and as for the Englebert humpa i am pretty sure my stepmother had an extra marital coupling with him, interesting the year as i thought we where out of there around 68/69
Old 20-07-2009, 16:17   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Mental Jaysay, yes we had a cafe in the back, and as for the Englebert humpa i am pretty sure my stepmother had an extra marital coupling with him, interesting the year as i thought we where out of there around 68/69
Thinking about it could have been 68/69, when I worked at Pilks my eldest was born in 68 so yes seems nearer te date
Old 20-07-2009, 23:57   #8

It was good to jog my memory as i had put Engle in our Blackpool era which is where we moved after Ossy but Engle was on for the summer season and my father was friends with Lonnie Donegan so quite often us kids where in he's big American car driving around with father whilst stepmother was in with Engle. I remember all the photo's which got worse when we moved as we became friends with lots of stars, Ena Sharples of Corrie fame was a Saturday morning visit for tea and cakes and Jimmie Clithero who was my favourite would take us out in his car until Stepmother found out we had been to the ice cream parlour. Funny you remember the photo's after all these years, they must have made some impression on you, personally i hated them because they all had stepmother in them with her horrible smile.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:31   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It was good to jog my memory as i had put Engle in our Blackpool era which is where we moved after Ossy but Engle was on for the summer season and my father was friends with Lonnie Donegan so quite often us kids where in he's big American car driving around with father whilst stepmother was in with Engle. I remember all the photo's which got worse when we moved as we became friends with lots of stars, Ena Sharples of Corrie fame was a Saturday morning visit for tea and cakes and Jimmie Clithero who was my favourite would take us out in his car until Stepmother found out we had been to the ice cream parlour. Funny you remember the photo's after all these years, they must have made some impression on you, personally i hated them because they all had stepmother in them with her horrible smile.
I think I remembered the photos, because Humpy was very popular at the time and to see him in pics with some one local, and we did go in nearly ever day for months
Old 21-07-2009, 09:42   #10

Yes he could warble like a good un thats for sure, and he is still at it.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:50   #11

i think stepmother was star struck, it was some acheivment for an ex mill worker to get herself into Engleberts room before he went on stage, us kids like statues would stand outside queued up against the wall, sometime later Stepmother appeared looking all flustered accompanied by Englebert with a towel wrapped around his midrift, her beehive hairdoo somewhat dishevelled, luckily we didnt have to accompany her very often.
Old 21-07-2009, 21:47   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems the women were buggers up ossy, know one that had a "Thing" with Billy Fury.
Old 22-07-2009, 07:54   #13

But lets not taint them all, mothers and fathers who traumatise kids are only a small percentage of the population, i luckily have met some angels in my hours of need but on the subject of infidelity i think the country has got worse across the sexes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..