Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2008, 16:07   #1
Senior Member+

Stott family

In 1928 the book Old Homesetads of accrington was published. In it are some photos of farms taken by someone called Stott. This may have been HO Stott or Go Stott. The photos may well have been taken c1910-12. Does anybody know owt about the Stotts. I have not yet searched for them in the library.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2008, 16:54   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Stott family

There is a Geo O. Stott photographer listed around this time Bob living in Pendle Street,Nelson .. don't know whether same person ?

Take a look at this :-

The National Archives | Access to Archives
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 18:52   #3
Senior Member+

Without a doubt this is him. Just at the moment I cannot find my Lancashire photographers reference book, If I had looked in it before posting I would have found the answer to my query, but I had assumed that Stott would be an Accy chap. Kate, you have excited me.
Old 20-08-2008, 18:53   #4

I know a Gary Stott from Accy
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:54   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
. Kate, you have excited me.
Just be careful

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 19:07   #6
Senior Member+

This enquiry arises because I am compiling a book of Accrington photos. Some of the ones I want to include bear a stamp 'G O Stott, Acc' Whilst I feel sure that this is the chap that Katex has found, the fact that he says he is from Acc is intriguing In the 1920s, when Ainsworth was given the photos to go in his book, there was a G Stott living at 1 Fountain st and operating a dining room in Scaitcliffe St.

I do get excited when I find photos of old Acc I haven't seen before, or learn something new. Is there owt I can take to stop this?
Old 20-08-2008, 22:11   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
This enquiry arises because I am compiling a book of Accrington photos. Some of the ones I want to include bear a stamp 'G O Stott, Acc' Whilst I feel sure that this is the chap that Katex has found, the fact that he says he is from Acc is intriguing In the 1920s, when Ainsworth was given the photos to go in his book, there was a G Stott living at 1 Fountain st and operating a dining room in Scaitcliffe St.

I do get excited when I find photos of old Acc I haven't seen before, or learn something new. Is there owt I can take to stop this?
Yes a little bit of lead in the left ear ole, its called a bullet, it will cure any problem. I'l do it for free if you ask nicely.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..