Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2007, 17:49   #1
God Member

Audi coupe quattro 2.3 20v

this is my sons car and he is looking to either sell for £1600 ono or part ex for either a decent runnaround or GSXR 600 motorbike (hope i got that right )..he has had it on ebay but didnt manage to sell it so i said id try on here for him so i copied the advert as follows...he can be contacted direct on the number below or you can pm me and i will pass on any questions...

AUDI COUPE QUATTRO 2.3 20V
THIS IS A VERY NICE CAR IN VERY GOOD CONDITION ITS OVER 17 YEARS OLD AND DRIVES LIKE BRAND NEW IT HAS HAD SOME WORK DONE AND HAS BEEN LOOKED AFTER VERY WELL. .
!!!!!!THE BEAST!!!!!
BAD POINTS
2CM RUST PATCH ON PASSENGER SIDE ARCH
HAS NO MOT AT THE MOMENT AS ITS BEEN IN THE GARAGE FOR SOME TIME BUT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT I WILL PUT THROUGH THE MOT AND FIX ANY WORK THAT NEEDS DOING (I AM CONFIDENT IT NEEDS VERY LITTLE).
NO TAX (DUE TO HAVING NO INS).
THE HEAD GASKET WENT 8 MTHS AGO AND ITS BEEN IN THE GARAGE EVER SINCE WHILE I HAVE BEEN AWAY BUT THIS HAS BEEN REPAIRED AND THE ENGINE HAS BEEN CLEANED UP AND NOW DRIVES EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE.
GOOD POINTS
VERY VERY GOOD CONDITION ESPECIALLY FOR ITS AGE
EXTREMELY SOUND MECHANICALY, RUNS BRILLIANTLY HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH STARTING ON A COLD MORNING
INTERIOR IS A NICE BLUE VELOUR AND IS IN MINT CONDITION
THE CAR IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL APART FROM THE PAINT JOB (NO TACKY BOY RACER MODS)
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE WORKS FINE (AND IS LOTS OF FUN).
THIS CAR IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A SOUGHT AFTER CAR . AS ANYONE WHO KNOWS A THING OR TWO ABOUT THE QUATTROS WILL KNOW ITS NOT THE NIPPIEST CAR OUT THERE BUT IT PULLS ALL THE WAY TO 140MPH AND IS EXCELLENT ON THE COUNTRY ROADS. I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO LETTING HER GO BUT JUST SIMPLY CANT AFFORD TO KEEP HER RUNNING ANYMORE
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO ARRANGE A TEST DRIVE THEN CALL 07828277451
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2007, 21:24   #2
God Member

Re: Audi coupe quattro 2.3 20v

no offence meant here but two things spring to mind about this ad

never ever say "I can't afford to keep it" as it suggests that stuff with have been missed due to lack of cash

always put 12 months MOT on a car, its actually rubbish but people seem to have this trust in MOTs as a way of telling if a car is 'safe'

why not post it for sale on one of the many audi/quattro forums that exist.where the audience is likely to be recpetive to cars of this type

Good luck in selling it, its a 'proper' car and if its in good nick will provide hours of fun for a new owner

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 14:39   #3
God Member

oh what a pretty colour
Old 22-02-2007, 11:48   #4
I am Banned

Not modified? I can spot four things that are not original but im not going to show off how sad i am with naming them. Flashy will back me up when i say im abit of a car anorak.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 12:06   #5
God Member

i wouldnt have a clue tadah im only the middle man ....

passed on what you said entwis about the quattro forums so ta for the advice... and no hed never make a salesman lol....
Old 22-02-2007, 12:49   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
I can spot four things that are not original but im not going to show off how sad i am with naming them.
Come on sado tell us. I can only spot the lights on the front and am not sure about the wheels, then again I am not a VW/Audi fan.
Old 22-02-2007, 18:44   #7
I am Banned

Well ok if i must.
1. Front fog lights on the grille
2. Wheels are not standard
3. Front indicators in the bumper are clear were the originals are orange
4. The exhaust has twin tailpipes were the original should be a squashed O shape
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 19:16   #8
God Member

Quote:
Not modified? I can spot four things that are not original but im not going to show off how sad i am with naming them. Flashy will back me up when i say im abit of a car anorak.

ohhhhhh yes, he definately is
Old 22-02-2007, 22:11   #9
God Member

Quote:
Well ok if i must.
1. Front fog lights on the grille
2. Wheels are not standard
3. Front indicators in the bumper are clear were the originals are orange
4. The exhaust has twin tailpipes were the original should be a squashed O shape

was going to pm you tadah to ask what they were so cheers for pointing that out will pass on your findings

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..