Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2009, 20:46   #1

Bonfire wood free to good home :-)

Anybody need any wood, old doors etc, give me a call

Steve 07552 169505
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2009, 00:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bonfire wood free to good home :-)

would of been nice but bonfires aren't allowed anymore
Old 29-10-2009, 02:31   #3
God Member

yet another english tradition shot to crap then, are we still allowed to use matches ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 04:23   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
would of been nice but bonfires aren't allowed anymore
You gotta be kidding me No bonfires. Not even on bonfire night

Last edited by Mick; 29-10-2009 at 04:42. Reason: language
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 05:24   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You gotta be kidding me No bonfires. Not even on bonfire night
this is even better , kids are required to wear safety glasses when they play conkers
Pupils ordered to wear goggles to play conkers at school in 'nanny state' ruling | Mail Online

does anyone ever question these assine rules and tell the politicians/civil servants to STFU
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 20:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
this is even better , kids are required to wear safety glasses when they play conkers
Pupils ordered to wear goggles to play conkers at school in 'nanny state' ruling | Mail Online

does anyone ever question these assine rules and tell the politicians/civil servants to STFU
I had this conversation in the Crown only a few week ago and couldn't believe it,
parents and child in pub, conker on table, I said to child that it needs some string in it, child said not allowed, parents then explained they can only put string in them and use them if they wear goggles

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 21:35   #7
God Member

bollox to the 'not having a bonfire' thing, i have one every year and this year won't be any different
Old 29-10-2009, 21:42   #8
Senior Member+

I was told they are banned by hyndburn council and some are saying its not true just certain people who always cause trouble every year

anbody know?
Old 29-10-2009, 21:49   #9
God Member

well its good job i dont live in Hyndburn then aint it
Old 29-10-2009, 21:57   #10
God Member

The ban only applies to 2 areas;

RESIDENTS in two ‘hotspot’ areas have been banned from having bonfires this year in a bid to cut yobbish behaviour.
The no-bonfire zones in Accrington are as a result of a series of problems in the Scaitcliffe and West Accrington areas in recent years.
Old 29-10-2009, 22:19   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

Next thing will be helmets and pads for rugby Maybe require a few changes to the rules: could go American with four downs, or Canadian with three.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 06:27   #12
Senior Member+

I guess scaitliffe area/west accrington includes steiner st street area? we had bonfires for years but there is always trouble with pakistani kids who dont maintain sensible fires and every year firemen come out several times a night to put them out and often recieving a lot of flac for doing their job. They would always turn up at my parents fire and talk to my dad about the dangers of a big fire as the back of the streets isnt all that wide.
They should also ban fireworks as these 'gangs' of pakistani kids(mum calls them gangs) they are just kids.... but... Well they fire rockets all over the bloody place. One year fireing it from the top of the back to our fire. Putting firewoks in bottles. Fireing them at eachother. Allsorts
Old 30-10-2009, 19:53   #13

so going back to my original post, i will put it into landfill, well done Britcliffe you muppet

Last edited by Mick; 30-10-2009 at 20:57.
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..