Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 20:00   #1
Resident Waffler

Question Car Boot Sales

Does anybody know of any large car boot sales around Accy/Blackburn area and how to go about getting a stall at one?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2004, 20:45   #2
Member.

Re: Car Boot Sales

Not a clue Willow, not a lot of help I know.....what are you flogging.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 20:47   #3
mez
God Member

there one up haslingden on sat mornings, not sure hoe you go bout it though willow
Old 12-07-2004, 20:47   #4
God Member

Clitheroe market on a Sunday is the biggest As far as I know and always lots of room.. They have a website but buggered if I can recall where.
Old 12-07-2004, 22:12   #5

Try http://www.hoylespromotions.co.uk/
Angel 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 22:13   #6

Car Boot Sale and Collectors Fair
Don't stay in bed on a Sunday morning, get up early and come to Clitheroe car boot sale for a spot of serious bargain hunting! The great thing is that you don't need a lot of money to make it a worthwhile day. Our car boot sale is the most established and well known collectors fair and car boot sale in the north of England.
Promoted and organised by Hoyles Promotions for over 10 years, the Collectors Market and Car Boot Sale at the Clitheroe Auction Mart operates every Sunday between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
Admission charges
Public: £1.00 - Children under 12 Free Car Boot Sellers: £10 a car, £12 an estate/small van, £15 large van (transit upwards) -inside or out, the choice is yours.

Car Boot Sale Details
Sellers arrive on the site anytime from 7am until 9am. Sellers begin to enter at 7.45am and Buyers enter at 8.15am. Everything to be sold at this event must be either Second hand used items or antique and collectable goods. On arrival please join the queue of vehicles in the front car park (the marshalls will direct you.)
At 7.45am the line of vehicles will move towards the selling areas, please follow this line to the pay gate. Once you have paid your rent, follow the Marshalls directions. Set up INSIDE or OUT, the choice is yours. The price is the same. There is a FREE car boot prize draw every Sunday. Please ensure that you obtain your ticket as you go through the gate. The winning number is called at 3pm prompt. Be ready to tell the marshalls if you want to set-up your stall inside or out they will direct you to the correct parking area.
Expect to find between 100 - 300 stalls every week at the car boot sale offering bargains of every nature from antiques and collectables to household goods.
Angel 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 07:52   #7

IMO the Hoyles Clitheroe one is awful, its always full of the same traders selling the same stuff every week. They let the public in before you have even had a chance to get your stuff out of the car & the assault by aged asian women wanting everything for 20p is relentless

Keep going past clitheroe on the A59 till you get to the abbatoirs at Gisburn.
There are 1-2 there & currently they are free to vendors.
Check the local paper, As far as I know they are in there.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 08:04   #8
God Member

Has it ever occured to those gladly epousing the cause of the Car Boot Sale as to where half of the gear comes from? Granted, alot of it is from attic and garage clear outs, some from genuine small traders...but much of the stuff on offer is "fenced goods" - nicked video's. jewellry, nicked everything....so folks, the moral of the tale is this:

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BURGLAR.......SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CAR BOOT SALE!

Last edited by Tealeaf; 13-07-2004 at 08:15.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 08:19   #9
Resident Waffler

Much of the stuff on offer is fenced? Do you have statistics to support that statement? I can't speak for others Tealeaf but the things I am hoping to sell at a Car Boot Sale are simply a one-off clear-out of things no longer used or required. I object to the supposition that anyone buying from me is supporting burglary.

Old 13-07-2004, 08:56   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Has it ever occured to those gladly epousing the cause of the Car Boot Sale as to where half of the gear comes from? Granted, alot of it is from attic and garage clear outs, some from genuine small traders...but much of the stuff on offer is "fenced goods" - nicked video's. jewellry, nicked everything....so folks, the moral of the tale is this:

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BURGLAR.......SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CAR BOOT SALE!

I pressume from this Tea that you are speaking from experience.... so folks, the moral of the tale is this;
DON'T LET TEALEAF NEAR YOUR HOME......AND BE SURE NEVER TO BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM...

I have done a few car boot sales this year and have NEVER even thought of selling "fenced goods".

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 09:29   #11
God Member

Has it ever occured to Tealeaf that the police might on occasion put there collective half a brain cell in gear and monitor the car boot sales.

Car boot sales just aint what they used to be and certainly aint what the original concept was. It's no longer selling your odds and ends from the back of your car. People are making a living out of selling crap at some pretty silly prices.

You have no chance of a bargain. The real collectors are there at 6AM like vultures and they will grab anything thats worth it and leave the true crap for me and you.

Used to enjoy a good old rumage..I went the other week for summat to do... But don't bother too much anymore.
Old 13-07-2004, 09:39   #12
Resident Waffler

Oh good There'll be collectors there early? That means I should have sold all my stuff by lunchtime then?

Old 13-07-2004, 10:05   #13
God Member

Haa quality stuff then is it?
Old 13-07-2004, 11:17   #14
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Has it ever occured to Tealeaf that the police might on occasion put there collective half a brain cell in gear and monitor the car boot sales.
Exactly.

And trading standards, and DSS officers looking for people making a regular illegal income on the side.

Quote:
Oh good There'll be collectors there early? That means I should have sold all my stuff by lunchtime then?
Possibly, but most of it will probably end up on other stalls within minutes at greatly inflated prices.

Why not start with a garden sale?
My kids do at least one every summer. They made £60 at one last year just selling bits & bobs. they had another a couple of weeks later & made another £30.

Real bargains can still be found at jumble sales, but there aren't as many happening these days.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 11:37   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer
Why not start with a garden sale?
Too much stuff and not a big enough garden.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..