Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 10:50   #1
Senior Member+

Does anyone have......

Any plaster lying around that they dont need? Sorry, not very technical but i need some to fill a hole that kind-of appeared at the top of my stairs on the corner when I was taking down a baby gate. Am not quite sure how I do it but know the housing association would charge me if i called them out to sort it if I rang them so am hoping that maybe I could do this myself ????

SO, if anyone has any that they dont need (I think it comes in a powder - shows what I know lol) then it would be greatly appreciated. Then I just need to patch this hole up somehow lol

Any help / advice would be grately appreciated

Thanks in advance
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Does anyone have......

you can buy filler, that should do it, comes in a tub ready mixed

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:04   #3

how bid is the hole i have some but i need some of it so if you come up with a tub and lid you can have some.
will give you some tips too

Last edited by paulthepony; 09-05-2009 at 12:08.
paulthepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 16:04   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthepony View Post
how bid is the hole i have some but i need some of it so if you come up with a tub and lid you can have some.
will give you some tips too

Its hard to say, it is on a corner but theyre are still some lovely chunks falling off lol. It goes up to about 2' on the corner itself and spreads about 6'' either side of the corner so approx 2' x 1' ish

And any tips would help I have no idea what Im doing lol

How big a tub would I need?
Old 09-05-2009, 16:19   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I would get some ready mixed filler from B&Q. It is straight forward to use and you can do some then do some more when it has dried. You can sand it down when it dries to make it flat and look right.

So,ething like this but B&Q's own make http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...&isSearch=true

Last edited by Neil; 09-05-2009 at 16:22.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 16:49   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I would get some ready mixed filler from B&Q. It is straight forward to use and you can do some then do some more when it has dried. You can sand it down when it dries to make it flat and look right.

So,ething like this but B&Q's own make Polycell Quick Drying Polyfilla PC0160060 Grey, 5010212483114
Wouldnt it use a lot of filler?? The walls are all patched in here anyway, if i do a decent job it would look odd lol
Old 09-05-2009, 16:51   #7
God Member

Sounds to me like the whole lot needs replastering, I would be ringing the housing association. Not your fault if the plaster needs doing.
Old 09-05-2009, 16:53   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Sounds to me like the whole lot needs replastering, I would be ringing the housing association. Not your fault if the plaster needs doing.

But it did fall off when i removed a baby gate, will that not make it my fault?
Old 09-05-2009, 17:10   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post

not if you dont tell them

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 17:10   #10
God Member

Quote:
How was it fastened to the wall? Surely repairing plaster work is general maintenance and not the tenants job?
Old 09-05-2009, 17:12   #11
God Member

As you have kids Emma, they cant expect you not to use a safety gate, if that damages the plaster then the plaster was weak, tell them it wants sorting out, they have spent naff all worth spending on the houses as it is.
Old 09-05-2009, 17:24   #12

Quote:
Its hard to say, it is on a corner but theyre are still some lovely chunks falling off lol. It goes up to about 2' on the corner itself and spreads about 6'' either side of the corner so approx 2' x 1' ish

And any tips would help I have no idea what Im doing lol

How big a tub would I need?
i have plenty of plaster for that job have you got any tools to do the job with?
Old 09-05-2009, 17:33   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthepony View Post
i have plenty of plaster for that job have you got any tools to do the job with?

Erm.............No

Ive never done it before so never had a need for the tools lol
Old 09-05-2009, 17:38   #14
Senior Member+

Its starting to sound like hard work. I think I might just ring HH and hope that they dont bill me lol
Old 09-05-2009, 17:41   #15
God Member

Quote:
Its starting to sound like hard work. I think I might just ring HH and hope that they dont bill me lol
by the time they come to do owt you will be living elsewhere

sand & cement is good for small patchup jobs and is easier to mix and apply

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..