Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 15:22   #1
God Member

fast dvd disks for slow dvd disks

I ahve a pack of quality 25 blank sony dvd-r. 4.7 gig 1x to 16x compatible

wont work on my writer.. i need x8

they cost a tenner.. if you ahve slower ones will swap or ya can buy a pack of slower ones for about a fiver and swap..

anyone?
Old 10-08-2007, 16:58   #2

Re: fast dvd disks for slow dvd disks

wont work? strange. if they aint writing then cant you just change the settings on your re-writer itself? or change your burning speed so it burns them slower? i burn alot of copied ps2 games and dvd's and never had a problem with any sort of disk. i went through a stage of trying really cheap disks to really expensive disks and i found they pretty much all give you the same qaulity if burned in the right way.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 18:27   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
wont work? strange. if they aint writing then cant you just change the settings on your re-writer itself? or change your burning speed so it burns them slower? i burn alot of copied ps2 games and dvd's and never had a problem with any sort of disk. i went through a stage of trying really cheap disks to really expensive disks and i found they pretty much all give you the same qaulity if burned in the right way.

I got some fast dvds and my slow burner wont use them... my slow burner will work well with slow dvds but not wiht fast dvds.. there expensive sony.. my last ones where cheap.. had i been buying them i would have got same as last time.. thems the facts.. it aint a puzzle mate
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25   #4

no i get what your saying but i've just never seen a writer have that problem b4. if im burning ps2 games i use exprensive sony ones. for dvd's i use some 10 quid for 25 ones from accy market.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:46   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
no i get what your saying but i've just never seen a writer have that problem b4. if im burning ps2 games i use exprensive sony ones. for dvd's i use some 10 quid for 25 ones from accy market.

thats what the missus brought home... my writer wont use them.. says illegal disks.. yet cheapo 8mb ones it uses no problems... i cant figure out any reason.. both types -r

the disks work ok cus after posting this.. the wife used one ok in her laptop (forget hers could burn) then another so theres 23 now
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
thats what the missus brought home...
Your brave blaming her on a public forum

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..