Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2013, 20:35   #16
God Member

Re: in need of a 50cc scooter/moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i'm in need of a scooter just to get me to work and back, i currently pay £51 a month for my bus pass so i reckon in the long run a scooter might save me a quid or two, if anyone knows of anyone selling one for a few hundred quid please could they let me know

thankya
Here you go, hon ...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1382128468

I won't be using it till next May
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (50.6 KB, 30 views)
Stevie R likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2013, 21:16   #17
God Member

wow thats gorgeous Eric
Old 31-10-2013, 08:34   #18
Senior Member+

Just recently been reminded of a scheme they have at the NHS called salary sacrifice.
You basically, give up part of your wage in return for a lease car (how much depends on what car). All running costs (servicing, insurance etc.) are included except fuel. Don`t know if that`s any use to you, but might be worth a look.
https://www.cpcdrive.nhs.uk/salary-sacrifice-cars.html
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 13:15   #19
God Member

thanx for that G but i cant drive, never really fancied it
Old 31-10-2013, 13:37   #20
Senior Member+

Thats a shame. If I remember right, when we looked, you could get a new corsa for about £180/month, with a new car every 3 years. With insurance, road tax and servicing included, it`s quite a good deal. I think my daughter will be looking into it when she starts (if she passes her test).
Might still be worth asking, you might be able to get mopeds through the scheme.

Last edited by gpick24; 31-10-2013 at 13:40.
Old 31-10-2013, 19:03   #21
God Member

good god thats really cheap, where will she be working?
Old 31-10-2013, 19:24   #22
Senior Member+

She doesn`t know yet. She got her conditional offer a couple of days ago. She`s to go back next week with all her stuff and to see occupational health.
The Mrs says there were cars as cheap as £105/month. Don`t remember which make or model.
I`ll ask her have a look later.
Old 31-10-2013, 19:55   #23
God Member

ah occy health, she will need all her mmr jabs and 3 hep b jabs and flu jab if she will be working on a ward, occy health love giving them lol was it an hca job she went for?
Old 31-10-2013, 20:01   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
ah occy health, she will need all her mmr jabs and 3 hep b jabs and flu jab if she will be working on a ward, occy health love giving them lol was it an hca job she went for?
Yes, and on wards but don`t know which yet. She was told they were just interviewing for HCAs then decide where they are going later (60 vacancies she was told)
Old 31-10-2013, 20:17   #25
God Member

yes the whole hospital is in desperate need of more hca's we are run off our feet on our ward at the moment , had to do a whole afternoon shift on my own on tuesday because the silly rota system didnt put any other hca's on, me and three nurses to 22 patients was rather hectic...but i wouldnt change my job for the world, i hope she ends up on a good ward

i think i am going to have to stick with the bus and taxis for now
gpick24 likes this.
Old 31-10-2013, 20:24   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
i hope she ends up on a good ward
Fingers crossed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..