Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 17:25   #1

Male Guppies

I'm looking for good homes for the last few male guppies from our last baby batch. I've tried to photograph them as best I can but they won't stay still!

Have got -
1 yellow bodied with large flame orange fancy tail
3 silver/blue body with large dark orange tails
2 silver/blue body with patterned orange/yellow tails

I've got another batch of 36 (too young to sex yet), which will be ready in about 6-8 weeks and quite a few more batches on the way if anyone's interested. All are born & bred in Ossy so are a lot hardier than the guppies from the local aquariums which have been imported.

PM me for more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S2300005.JPG (16.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-07-2007, 19:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Male Guppies

Are they tropical :S?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 19:37   #3

Hi, yes they are tropical - currently in 28 deg water with Ph of 6.7.
Old 04-07-2007, 21:22   #4
Senior Member+

i see , so are they community fish or not ? Please reply back asap! And do you want money for them?

Old 04-07-2007, 22:47   #5

Yes they are community fish, they get on well with other smaller fish, I have them in with neon tetras, rasboras & clown swordtails. They don't get on too well with larger breeds of tetras, barbs, clown loaches and any other well-known fin-nippers!

If you have female guppies in with the males you must have at least 2 females to each male as they are extremely frisky!

As these are the last few left - I'll give them free to a good home as I need to make room for the next generation!
Old 04-07-2007, 23:21   #6
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey Nikki, I'd love to take em off your hands but the postage would be a bit much. I used to raise Guppies. I really enjoy them. I look forward to getting a 55 gallon aquarium set up this fall and guppies will be my first purchase

Unfortunately for the guppies, my next purchase will probably Oscars!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:38   #7
Senior Member+

Ill have them send me a pm of when your in and where you live please. They sound great

Old 06-07-2007, 20:31   #8

Thank you, guppies have found a new home!
Old 09-07-2007, 16:30   #9
God Member

I have 2 lesbian japanese fighting fish I will swap for guppies or anything communal
Old 10-07-2007, 21:58   #10
Senior Member+

heya kipax , your two japanese fighting fish are they communial? And what are there colours because would swap them for a couple of guppies only if communial

Old 10-07-2007, 22:16   #11
God Member

They will nip anything with bright longish tails hence why we cant put guppies in with them..thus no good to you... there in a communal tank now but others are different kinds of tetras, zebra, gourami and assorted fish

there was a male jap fighting fish but i think they killed it.. hence the lesbian bit now they sit at opposite sides of the tank most of the time...

Old 11-07-2007, 13:43   #12
Senior Member+

ok, thankyou kipax.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..