Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2007, 09:08   #1

Persil coloured washing powder

does anybody know where i can buy cheap Persil coloured washing powder from? asda seems to costly for me.

many thanks
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2007, 09:49   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Persil coloured washing powder

cash and carry ?..market stall perhaps...dunno where else is cheaper than asda to be honest
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 09:58   #3
God Member

You could try Wilkinsons, they're quite reasonable for that sort of thing.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 11:56   #4

b&m bargains have just opened up in the old kwiksave.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 14:23   #5
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Sometimes Rays cut price in Gt Harwood and Rishton have cheap washing powder but pot luck as to what they have in stock.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 15:05   #6
God Member

washing powder should be white , spending extra money for fancy coloured stuff is just a wasteful extravagance

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 15:18   #7
God Member

ignore previous post , just realized it was about stuff for washing coloured clothes and not coloured powder/soap

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 16:36   #8
Beacon of light

I think if you want a specific kind of powder (like Persil for Coloured clothes) you are just going to have to stump up for it. Either that or wait until one of the big supermarkets have it on 'special'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 16:41   #9
God Member

If you really want to save money (and the planet) use soap nuts
Free Samples
Sapindus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

""A few nuts can be placed in a cotton drawstring bag in with a washload and reused several times. Soap nuts are safe for washing silk, woolens and other delicate fabrics.""

Last edited by MargaretR; 21-08-2007 at 16:44.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 17:48   #10
Resting in Peace

How much is it mrjallen on average ? Usually comes in 3 kg. cartons. Supermarket brands are slightly cheaper and probably the same spec./or slightly less. Remember all supermarket brands are cheaper for a reason; but still does a decent job.

Don't get the Tesco one though .. doesn't dissolve well and finish up with little white specs which show up on dark colours.

We sell one at work for professional launderers and is top spec. but not sure if would work out cheaper even on a staff sale, and another big problem is, you have to buy 25 kilos minimum .. would last you 12 months (depending how often you wash your clothes of course :-)) .. curious just to make a comparison for you.

Last edited by katex; 21-08-2007 at 17:52.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 20:25   #11

Why dont you try Netto they usually have named washing powder cheaper you could also try home bargains while your there cause sometimes they work out cheaper than Netto

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 10:53   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i find persil a load of rubbish, i prefer ariel, does a good wash everytime, but are costly and around £2.88 at asda, dearer than most brands, but like they say you want the best you have to pay for it!
Old 22-08-2007, 13:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
How much is it mrjallen on average ? Usually comes in 3 kg. cartons. Supermarket brands are slightly cheaper and probably the same spec./or slightly less. Remember all supermarket brands are cheaper for a reason; but still does a decent job.

Don't get the Tesco one though .. doesn't dissolve well and finish up with little white specs which show up on dark colours.

We sell one at work for professional launderers and is top spec. but not sure if would work out cheaper even on a staff sale, and another big problem is, you have to buy 25 kilos minimum .. would last you 12 months (depending how often you wash your clothes of course :-)) .. curious just to make a comparison for you.
how much is 25 kilos as it will always come in useful. it qwas about £7 odd at asda for a 3kilo
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 18:25   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjdallen View Post
how much is 25 kilos as it will always come in useful. it qwas about £7 odd at asda for a 3kilo
Worked it out for you mrjdallen... will cost £ 29.50 including VAT, so that is £1.17 per kilo .. your approx price of £ 7 for 3 kilos is £2.33 so a good saving .. would be pleased to sort you one out if you wish to p.m. me. Our customers love it for washing their coloured linens .. so can recommend. No, not on comission ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..