Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pifco
  • 1 Post By Ryewolf90

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2023, 13:36   #1
Full Member+

Sheet Music

I have inherited a case full of sheet music and it is a very large mix of music from pop music from the 50s and 60s, Gilbert and Sullivan, arias from operas,

church music, etc etc, etc. I doubt if it will be of use to any today as most music can be downloaded quite easily from the internet but I don't want to tip it in the recycling bin so it is FREE to anyone who could make use of it. However they would have to collect it from Oswaldtwistle.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2023, 16:38   #2
Full Member+

Re: Sheet Music

It might still be worth something retro stuff is very collectable. Might be worth checking on ebay
Old 14-08-2023, 19:47   #3
Full Member+

Thanks for letting me know that retro stuff being collectable. I had wondered about ebay but I thought that if someone was interested in buying it they would want a list of what the music was and as there is so much of it it would take me hours to sort it.
Ryewolf90 likes this.
Old 14-08-2023, 22:34   #4
Full Member+

Just pick a few of the sheet music titles and then search for it on eBay, that gives you a gauge as to what it's likely to sell for. A quick search on eBay said Gilbert and Sullivan is selling from anything from £2 to £20 per sheet.

I sold a VHS Recorder at a carboot at Great Harwood last week for £10 and a Slide Projector for the same price. Musicians still need sheet music and they're the ones that are more likely to buy retro stuff because it's collectable.

It's worth taking the time to research what it's worth, no matter how many, than to realise later that you gave it away when it was worth £100's and more.
Old 15-08-2023, 17:21   #5
Full Member+

Thanks Ryewolf I will do what you suggest so I will remove this post - how do I do that?
Old 16-08-2023, 13:15   #6
Beacon of light

You don’t really need to remove it because in the current posting climate(just footy) it will disappear in about two days.
But if you really want to remove it contact a moderator.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2023, 14:59   #7
Full Member+

Thank you Margaret

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..