Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2010, 21:51   #1

Wanted: Video Camera

decent video camera wanted
tpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2010, 19:35   #2
Junior Member+

re: Wanted: Video Camera

I Have a samsung camcorder for sale, 880x digi zoom, 8mm tapes in good nick comes with case and power leads, can ring me on 07881400045
phil micrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 10:35   #3

can footage be put onto a computer and how much u want for it
Old 17-08-2010, 12:46   #4

All footage from video cameras can go on a computer - at the very worst you need an analogue to digital converter which will set you back about £20. Ideally you want a digital video camera which means the footage can go on the computer without being changed in the process - it's just copied over. Sometimes, you'll need an adapter (for example, if your camera needs firewire IEEE1394 to transfer the data, but your computer doesn't have firewire built-in).

A hard drive camera will probably connect via USB, and a DVD camera you just put the disc in the computer drive and copy the files across.

For editing, you'll need to make sure the computer can convert the data back into watchable video - for this you'll need a "codec". You might find it's already installed with the operating system, or your video editor can understand the data without the operating system needing a codec. If not, codecs are usually pretty cheap if not free.

Hope this all helps.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 16:15   #5

yh all giberish to me but thanks for trying to explain but just want to now is there a usb connection so i can transfer to computer
Old 17-08-2010, 16:37   #6

buy one of these,

I NEED HELP BUYING A USB CAMCORDER

hope this helps
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 17:57   #7
Junior Member+

mi think u can convert tape onto your computer,there is also a lead that plugs into tv yellow and white this aint a scart lead, if you would like to view yhe camcorder just give us a bell on 07881400045, looking for around £40 ono
Old 17-08-2010, 19:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil micrackin View Post
mi think u can convert tape onto your computer,there is also a lead that plugs into tv yellow and white this aint a scart lead, if you would like to view yhe camcorder just give us a bell on 07881400045, looking for around £40 ono
What's the model number? I can tell you in a jiffy if you can put it on the PC.

Even if the camera doesn't output to the computer itself, you can do it with something like this.

Old 17-08-2010, 19:13   #9
Junior Member+

Modle no vp-l700u
Old 17-08-2010, 23:47   #10

According to page 59 of the manual, it can only transfer still images via the USB connection - not video... sorry.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..