Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Tough Policing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/tough-policing-10347.html)

Graham Jones 24-04-2005 22:17

Tough Policing

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

cashman 24-04-2005 22:55

Re: Tough Policing

that sounds better than owt iv'e heard recently,should be all areas where theres problems though, if the police responded quicker 10 years ago though my late mum-in-law might still be here.

chav1 24-04-2005 23:05

hope they move in on aldi carpark next its rife with underage drinkers and drug dealers who trade their goods

not only are they selling to the kids on the car park they do their buying of supplies there too

yes i have reported it but nothing visable done so far

good that they are fining people at least in one area i hope it catches on

Neil 25-04-2005 08:34

It is about time the Police spread this to the whole of the Borough. We get large groups congregating in Rhyddings Park Oswaldtwistle (30-40 is common) in the evening especially at weekend. They damage the kiddies play area and smash beer bottles etc.

Where are the Police?

Oh yes they had an operation on teenage drinking on the streets of Oswaldtwistle. They targeted these groups drinking on the street and cured the problem according to Inspector Platt at the Area Council Meeting.

What a load of cobblers. All they did was move them into the park so they can cause damage where no one can see it happening. Report it to the polics and what happens? Nothing.

Thank you Inspector Platt for moving not curing the problem.

mez 25-04-2005 08:43

got to agree with you there neil, but accy cop shop closes now at night its all done from greenhill in blackburn, bet they tell us they are short staffed, (my eye). cutting costs is what's happening & at what price may i ask?

entwisi 25-04-2005 10:48

Blair said there were a lot more ploice now than there ever were. So where are they? Probably filling in all the forms that the new middle management have created.

Sparkologist 25-04-2005 11:17

Well done to the police who attended these incedents. I don't care if they raise enough revenue from nicking scrotes like these, that it becomes another form of taxation. The law is there, let's see it administered more. It shouldn't be a case of three strikes and you're out; an offence is just that, so nail 'em at the first misdemeanor.
I think the police force has become more demoralised because when they have done the leg-work and nailed the criminals, the bleeding heart judiciary & magistrates dish out inadequate sentences.

cashman 25-04-2005 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Well done to the police who attended these incedents. I don't care if they raise enough revenue from nicking scrotes like these, that it becomes another form of taxation. The law is there, let's see it administered more. It shouldn't be a case of three strikes and you're out; an offence is just that, so nail 'em at the first misdemeanor.
I think the police force has become more demoralised because when they have done the leg-work and nailed the criminals, the bleeding heart judiciary & magistrates dish out inadequate sentences.

good point sparkologist the doogooder brigade have a lot to answer for.

Neil 25-04-2005 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkologist
It shouldn't be a case of three strikes and you're out; an offence is just that, so nail 'em at the first misdemeanor.

I agree totally. The first time the Police catch someone could be the tenth time the person has commited the crime. 1st strike and your out is correct. Zero tolerance.

PurpleLass 25-04-2005 11:45

Does anyone else find it suspicious that this initiative has kicked in a couple of weeks before an election? Oh, yes Mr Blair your policing policies do work and of course we're happy to vote for you!!!!!!!!

garinda 25-04-2005 13:26

I'm confused. So tickets/fines are issued. Sounds great in theory. They don't pay. It goes to court for non-payement of fines. They are ordered to pay £1/week from their income.

How long before these yobs stop being frightened of this new initiaive, and start using the fines to light their spliffs?

cashman 25-04-2005 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
I'm confused. So tickets/fines are issued. Sounds great in theory. They don't pay. It goes to court for non-payement of fines. They are ordered to pay £1/week from their income.

How long before these yobs stop being frightened of this new initiaive, and start using the fines to light their spliffs?

another good point you can't get blood out of a stone,may i suggest the BIRCH as an alternative?

Bazf 25-04-2005 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleLass
Does anyone else find it suspicious that this initiative has kicked in a couple of weeks before an election? Oh, yes Mr Blair your policing policies do work and of course we're happy to vote for you!!!!!!!!

And just before the end of the financial year a big push on drinking and driving, put some money in the coffers.
You can bet that after the election who ever wins you won't see it happen again until the next one. Why only peel ward? doesn't it happen else where? or have the mighty policys of succesive goverment initiatives cured crime in all other areas of Hyndburn?

Graham Jones 25-04-2005 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda

If you dont pay you get a criminal conviction and a larger fine. If you do within 28 days you dont get a conviction. Tickets have been given out since November but now they are for under 16's as well [parents have to pay]. It has been getting tighter for over 2 years now so no its nothing to do with the election as its Lancs Constabulary doing it. I understand one individual was told if he came back he's get another ticket making that £160 for a nights yobery. I cant speak for Ossy. Maybe they will follow suit?

staggeringman 25-04-2005 18:23

All we need now is a Labour Council to enforce a Zero Tolerance approach [which I have been trying to do anyway] and Street Wardens teams to tackle the Environmental Issues in as plain and effective manner as the yobs and junkies

dont be so bl...y political any council that gets in wants to lay the law down, lets get behind them who get behind the people that put them there. all politicians are the same give them an inch they take a mile.

yes i agree with your point but to be so pollitically biased on a friendly site like accy web will not get you the votes your after.