Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-a-load-of-rubbish-12043.html)

lettie 12-06-2005 19:49

What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
I had to post these photographs as this heap of rubbish has been sitting at the bottom of Meadow St since Thursday. I put out my wheelie bin early on Thursday morning and these bags were nowhere to be seen. Came home from work and had to steer my wheelie bin around this rubbish in order to get it back into my yard.

Now we all know that the refuse collectors are not supposed to take black bin bags anymore but this is just an pathetic excuse to leave a blatant health hazard on our doorsteps. It's now 4 days on and the rubbish is still there. It is so bad now that the local kids are using it as a playground. The last time I checked (although it was a few years ago) Bubonic Plague was still a notifyable disease in the UK.

I wouldn't post this if HBC could get its act together and deal properly and cost effectively with our refuse. Unfortunately they don't seem to be able to organise the brewery entertainment. I wonder how long it will take them to shift this lot???

There is a way of getting rid of it quicker. If anyone is off work tomorrow, pop round to mine, with your marigolds on and we will carry it down to the Town Hall and dump it at the front entrance.. I bet they'd shift it pretty sharpish then..:D

panther 12-06-2005 19:59

Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

who put the rubbish there? have ppl not got wheelie bins anymore? what happened to on the spot fines? i have a few were i live and they leave there rubbish in the alley with there rubbish sticking out of the bin and about 4 bags besides, why cant they leave in in there own gardens till its time to collect? were do they get all the **** from? im a family of four, i dont leave my rubbish on the floor, these people dont care about how they live, i hate to think what their homes look like!! to me their dirty bas****ds.

chav1 12-06-2005 20:28

just ring up the council and say you have seen rats in the rubbish they left behind they tend to move faster when rats are reported

also nice to see yet even more proof that the wheelie bin system dosnt work

i pay council tax every week so i expect my rubbish to be taken every week unless they are going to half my council tax bill

Quote:

why cant they leave in in there own gardens till its time to collect?
because irrisponsible cat owners let their cats roam the streets to rip open our bin bags if we are stupid enough to leave them in OUR back yards

WINGY 12-06-2005 20:41

2 points from me... the wheelie bim system is rubbish, bring back weekly collections, thus doing away with these darn messes ( in theory anyway) i live on my own and easily fill my wheelie bin once a fortnight. and if i where in the country i would be more than happy to help to cart this pile of ****e downt to the town hall!!!

And for my second point... Lettie them pics are terrible!!!! For god sake sparks when you have 5 mins to spare give you lass some pointers:D ......

K.S.H 12-06-2005 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by WINGY
Lettie them pics are terrible!!!!

I agree.... lot of camera shake there, must have been on the bottle!

cashman 12-06-2005 21:35

its a disgrace,some people just dump their crap anywhere.but the bigger disgrace is HBCs attitude towards shifting it.

chav1 12-06-2005 22:42

ever since i was a little nipper everyone puttheir rubbish out on the alley on a weekly basis and the street were a lot cleaner than what they are now

wheelie bins are a good idea as they keep vermin like cats out of the rubbish , the problem is that the council dont empty them often enough

its not that i cant recycle

its that i refuse to recycle

why the hell should i spend my time scubbing out empty sharp tins , stamping down plastic cartons and cluttering up my tiny house with various boxes each desighned to hold various types of rubbish

sorry but rubbish belongs in a bin outside of the home and not inside where my children can get cut by sharp objects or pick up dieses from rotting food missed in the wash or inside of cartons

jimmi5bellies 12-06-2005 22:47

lettie, most of the wheelie bins on our street have been that manhandled by the council they are all missing their lids ... so my cats do go hunting through them. :-(

Less 12-06-2005 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
If anyone is off work tomorrow, pop round to mine, with your marigolds on and we will carry it down to the Town Hall and dump it at the front entrance.. I bet they'd shift it pretty sharpish then..:D

I'm sorry Lettie I can't help you shift that rubbish I'm still tired from when I carried it all from my back alley, I was on my way to the town hall with it but was so exhausted by the time I got as far as I did!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_5.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_73.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_104v.gif

chav1 12-06-2005 23:22

hey thats pretty close to the tax office

a verry suitable substitute if you ask me :D

staggeringman 13-06-2005 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1
ever since i was a little nipper everyone puttheir rubbish out on the alley on a weekly basis and the street were a lot cleaner than what they are now

wheelie bins are a good idea as they keep vermin like cats out of the rubbish , the problem is that the council dont empty them often enough

its not that i cant recycle

its that i refuse to recycle

why the hell should i spend my time scubbing out empty sharp tins , stamping down plastic cartons and cluttering up my tiny house with various boxes each desighned to hold various types of rubbish

sorry but rubbish belongs in a bin outside of the home and not inside where my children can get cut by sharp objects or pick up dieses from rotting food missed in the wash or inside of cartons

One for the surfers is this!find out how much H.B.C made on the recycled stuff in 2004 ?

chav1 13-06-2005 02:56

i havnt got time to look just yet but if europe wants me to recycle they can send somone to wash my crap coz i sure aint gonna do it i hate washing up a the best of times and the last thing i want is more of it :D

lettie 13-06-2005 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther
who put the rubbish there? have ppl not got wheelie bins anymore? what happened to on the spot fines? i have a few were i live and they leave there rubbish in the alley with there rubbish sticking out of the bin and about 4 bags besides, why cant they leave in in there own gardens till its time to collect?

This rubbish was put out on the day of collection, it wasn't there early in the morning when I put out my wheelie bin but was there when I returned. To my knowledge there are at least 3 properties along Derby St and the bottom of Whalley Rd with no wheelie bins. I suspect that these are rental properties.

Whether the rubbish is in a wheelie bin or in a black bin bag, it should still be collected as it is an obvious health hazard.

Hehehe Wingy, I know the pics are really bad, I was on the move when I took them, and had to chase one of the neighbourhood kids off the rubbish first.:D

WillowTheWhisp 13-06-2005 07:40

Am I the only person on here who is in favour of recycling? We don't have an infinite supply of raw materials and we don't have bottomless pits to dump all our rubbish in. It makes much more sense to me to recycle as much as possible and try to leave a world worth living in for future generations.

In the olden days people recycled without knowing it because they had to, they couldn't afford to throw things away and there wasn't half so much disposable junk as there is now.

I sort out paper, glass, tins and plastic bottles. We now have a bag for plastic bottles although we haven't always had one and that niggled me. I also keep all compostable waste in a seperate little bin and periodically take it up to the allotment. Now I do realise that not everyone has a garden or allotment and not everyone has a use for compost, but equally there are people who have large gardens who go out and buy compost for them. Perhaps a "compost exchange" should be organised by our illustrious leaders where people who want to recycle compostable waste but have no use for it could pass it on to people who need it and can't get enough?

I don't keep any of my bags boxes or bins in the house, there is no way I would have rubbish in the house. I have small waste bins indoors but they are emptied regularly and mostly they contain stuff for the wheelie bin all the rest goes straight outside into its respective recepticle and no I don't have a massive back yard to keep them in. In fact I have a very small L shaped yard but it's just a case of organising the space effectively.

However, back to the subject of all that rubbish at the bottom of Meadow Street. That is disgusting. Surely it can't all have been dumped there by one family? It's all very well HBC saying they won't take extra bin bags and will only empty wheelie bins once a fortnight but what on earth do they expect people to do when they have more than a wheelie bin full of non-recyclable rubbish? Threatening a £1,000 fine quite obviously only encourages people to fly tip elsewhere which makes the problem twice as bad. If you have rubbish you have rubbish and such rubbish needs to be removed. Not everyone can get to the tip and anyway what on earth is the difference between HBC dumping it at the tip and the householder dumping it at the tip? It still ends up in the same place!

Theoretically if you have large items you can ring up the council and they will come and remove them but now apparently they will only take 3 items in one go! Where's the sense in that? If you have 9 items they are now going to be making 3 visits instead of 1 and quite possibloy you may have to ring up 3 times to get them to do so. How can that be classed as an improvement? When we demolished th old shed after it was vandalised and had the damaged contents to dispose of too they weren't even keen on us taking it to the tip ourselves because they classed it as "building waste". So they weren't prepared to come for it and grumbled when we took it up there! That was the point at which I said words to the effect of "OK we'll join the rest of the fly tippers then!"

That lot really is a health hazard and it's very irresponsible of HBC to just leave it all there like that. They should try to find out who dumped it too though. It's too easy to fine little old ladies whose wheelie bin lids won't shut down properly, much harder to trace people who dump piles of stuff like that. It wouldn't surprise me if there are rats amongst it, especially if there's any food content.

lettie 13-06-2005 07:54

I also can't believe that this rubbish could have come from one family. I also re-cycle the majority of my rubbish. My wheelie bin only goes out once a month for collection and I have usually room in it for excess bags from my neighbours which I have added to my wheelie bin from time to time. It's all well and good for the council to be slapping fines on people for leaving their rubbish in bags but there would probably be no need to do so if the collections were properly organised and the frequency of collections increased. I know that my bin doesn't need emptying weekly, but I live on my own. A family of 4 or more may well need a weekly collection.

From looking at this rubbish (and I have not raked through it too closely) some of it looks like it could be from someone having a huge spring clean and getting rid of old plant pots etc. Some looks like general household waste, foodstuffs etc.:(