Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Vandals (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/vandals-13224.html)

Gayle 15-07-2005 13:14

Vandals

Some thugs have set fire to a bench and destroyed an area of greenery at the back of St. Mary's School, Ossy. This area was the kids outdoor classroom that throughout the year the children of the school use every week. They learn about wildlife and help to keep the area clean. These pathetic thugs have ruined a years good work done by the children (including my daughter) who all loved the area. If anyone knows anything about it or if they have any information about who could have done it please let me know.

Doug 15-07-2005 13:16

Re: Vandals

Is there no CCTV Gayle?

Gayle 15-07-2005 13:22

No, it's all outdoor a little way away from the school. It's all hidden from view by the trees and bushes.

chav1 15-07-2005 13:52

i realy dont know where kids learn that it is ok to set fire to hard work that children have done

these peope are just as bad as the morons who shower the childrens play area with broken glass at the nursery next to glynn webb

plenty of times i have walked past to see the childrens play area covered in broken bottles and beer cans the staff there must have their work cut out making it safe for children to play on again

Gayle 15-07-2005 13:55

Yes, they do. Up until recently my youngest was at that nursery so I know what you mean.

It makes you wonder what sort of mindless moron thinks it's funny to throw their bottle over a wall - no doubt when they're on their way home from the pub.

grannyclaret 15-07-2005 13:59

nothing is sacred any more ,,the yobs have probably forgotten all about it ,and moved on to the next target ,,

Doug 15-07-2005 14:03

What is it? Lack of parental responsibility, failure of the education system or the courts? Personally I think it’s all three. It’s time we went back to the drawing board with social responsibility been the first issue to be debug of the last 30 years or so of political correctness. The softly, softly approach has led to indifference and a lack of respect. Maybe it time to treat these people to the realities of their actions and bring back the birch for extreme case’s and make Community Service into Community Labour with an isolation cell to look forward to at the end of the day.

grannyclaret 15-07-2005 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
What is it? Lack of parental responsibility, failure of the education system or the courts? Personally I think it’s all three. It’s time we went back to the drawing board with social responsibility been the first issue to be debug of the last 30 years or so of political correctness. The softly, softly approach has led to indifference and a lack of respect. Maybe it time to treat these people to the realities of their actions and bring back the birch for extreme case’s and make Community Service into Community Labour with an isolation cell to look forward to at the end of the day.

exactly.....we are too soft

chav1 15-07-2005 14:05

even if britain brought out such laws europe would over rule them

the european court of appeals seems nothing but a hinderence at times

british justice should be final

Doug 15-07-2005 14:19

I agree with you chav. Maybe we should spend more time considering the Human Rights of those children and the parents that have to deal with there disappointment. To do nothing is to aid and abet these b*****ds.

WillowTheWhisp 15-07-2005 15:27

Lack of punishment is what's wrong. They feel they are invincible and how right they are. You can't reason with people like that, they'd just laugh in your face. They know their "rights" but like chav says the European Court of Appeal (whatever its name is) gets in the way and overrides British Justice. We need to be able to stand on our own and make decisions about how to punish these vandals and hooligans without outside interference.

Ber999T 15-07-2005 18:13

Gail please be careful if you get any info as you have asked for it maybe better for folks to contact either the police directly or to ring crimestoppers I know it can be a pain getting through but at least they can report and nothing comes back at you and your family. maybe an edit on your opening thread to include crimestoppers phone number might help?

Gayle 15-07-2005 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ber999T
Gail please be careful if you get any info as you have asked for it maybe better for folks to contact either the police directly or to ring crimestoppers I know it can be a pain getting through but at least they can report and nothing comes back at you and your family. maybe an edit on your opening thread to include crimestoppers phone number might help?

Actually, that's a very good point. Though I'm sure that if anyone did have any information they'd have notified the police already.

Lampman 15-07-2005 21:17

Sorry no info,but I believe this is the latest craze,Iv'e heared several tales of arson attacks around and about.Let's hope the culprits are caught before a tragedy occurs.
There was a skip set on fire the other day off Paradise St.the black smoke and flames scorched the outside of the flats there.Luckily the Fire Brigade arrived promptly and extinguished the blaze.
If a window had been open the toxic fumes would have killed anyone inside.
It is a very sorry state of affairs!

cashman 15-07-2005 21:50

a lot of whats been said is spot on its 100% lack of respect,that went out the window with the do-good brigade, no respect for authority,people,property,anything cos theres no real deterant,we wern't angels but if you got caught you got thumped off your dad,the local bobby,teacher,etc,and it sure as hell made you think twice!