Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2005, 13:14   #1
God Member

Vandals

Some thugs have set fire to a bench and destroyed an area of greenery at the back of St. Mary's School, Ossy. This area was the kids outdoor classroom that throughout the year the children of the school use every week. They learn about wildlife and help to keep the area clean. These pathetic thugs have ruined a years good work done by the children (including my daughter) who all loved the area. If anyone knows anything about it or if they have any information about who could have done it please let me know.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2005, 13:16   #2
Member.

Re: Vandals

Is there no CCTV Gayle?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 13:22   #3
God Member

No, it's all outdoor a little way away from the school. It's all hidden from view by the trees and bushes.

Old 15-07-2005, 13:52   #4
I am Banned

i realy dont know where kids learn that it is ok to set fire to hard work that children have done

these peope are just as bad as the morons who shower the childrens play area with broken glass at the nursery next to glynn webb

plenty of times i have walked past to see the childrens play area covered in broken bottles and beer cans the staff there must have their work cut out making it safe for children to play on again
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 13:55   #5
God Member

Yes, they do. Up until recently my youngest was at that nursery so I know what you mean.

It makes you wonder what sort of mindless moron thinks it's funny to throw their bottle over a wall - no doubt when they're on their way home from the pub.

Old 15-07-2005, 13:59   #6
white rabbits

nothing is sacred any more ,,the yobs have probably forgotten all about it ,and moved on to the next target ,,
Old 15-07-2005, 14:03   #7
Member.

What is it? Lack of parental responsibility, failure of the education system or the courts? Personally I think it’s all three. It’s time we went back to the drawing board with social responsibility been the first issue to be debug of the last 30 years or so of political correctness. The softly, softly approach has led to indifference and a lack of respect. Maybe it time to treat these people to the realities of their actions and bring back the birch for extreme case’s and make Community Service into Community Labour with an isolation cell to look forward to at the end of the day.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-07-2005, 14:05   #8
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
What is it? Lack of parental responsibility, failure of the education system or the courts? Personally I think it’s all three. It’s time we went back to the drawing board with social responsibility been the first issue to be debug of the last 30 years or so of political correctness. The softly, softly approach has led to indifference and a lack of respect. Maybe it time to treat these people to the realities of their actions and bring back the birch for extreme case’s and make Community Service into Community Labour with an isolation cell to look forward to at the end of the day.
exactly.....we are too soft
Old 15-07-2005, 14:05   #9
I am Banned

even if britain brought out such laws europe would over rule them

the european court of appeals seems nothing but a hinderence at times

british justice should be final

Last edited by chav1; 15-07-2005 at 14:07.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 14:19   #10
Member.

I agree with you chav. Maybe we should spend more time considering the Human Rights of those children and the parents that have to deal with there disappointment. To do nothing is to aid and abet these b*****ds.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 15-07-2005 at 14:19. Reason: I said a Naughty...........
Old 15-07-2005, 15:27   #11
Resident Waffler

Lack of punishment is what's wrong. They feel they are invincible and how right they are. You can't reason with people like that, they'd just laugh in your face. They know their "rights" but like chav says the European Court of Appeal (whatever its name is) gets in the way and overrides British Justice. We need to be able to stand on our own and make decisions about how to punish these vandals and hooligans without outside interference.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 18:13   #12
Resting in Peace

Gail please be careful if you get any info as you have asked for it maybe better for folks to contact either the police directly or to ring crimestoppers I know it can be a pain getting through but at least they can report and nothing comes back at you and your family. maybe an edit on your opening thread to include crimestoppers phone number might help?
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 18:32   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T
Gail please be careful if you get any info as you have asked for it maybe better for folks to contact either the police directly or to ring crimestoppers I know it can be a pain getting through but at least they can report and nothing comes back at you and your family. maybe an edit on your opening thread to include crimestoppers phone number might help?
Actually, that's a very good point. Though I'm sure that if anyone did have any information they'd have notified the police already.

Old 15-07-2005, 21:17   #14

Sorry no info,but I believe this is the latest craze,Iv'e heared several tales of arson attacks around and about.Let's hope the culprits are caught before a tragedy occurs.
There was a skip set on fire the other day off Paradise St.the black smoke and flames scorched the outside of the flats there.Luckily the Fire Brigade arrived promptly and extinguished the blaze.
If a window had been open the toxic fumes would have killed anyone inside.
It is a very sorry state of affairs!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2005, 21:50   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a lot of whats been said is spot on its 100% lack of respect,that went out the window with the do-good brigade, no respect for authority,people,property,anything cos theres no real deterant,we wern't angels but if you got caught you got thumped off your dad,the local bobby,teacher,etc,and it sure as hell made you think twice!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..