Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Wouldn't it be good if........ (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/wouldnt-it-be-good-if-13461.html)

WillowTheWhisp 22-07-2005 00:04

Re: Wouldn't it be good if........

I shall eagerly anticipate the outcome of your enquiries Mani. I'm off to bed now.

cashman 22-07-2005 00:04

the germ of this brilliant idea seemed to originate with margaret,others have added too and mani has been very construtive,i would be delighted to wear a ribbon/band alongside any muslims against terror,and would hope so would most people,i sincerly hope this idea gets off the ground and beleive it can do nothing but good. and i'm a cynical sod.

staggeringman 22-07-2005 00:08

2 Attachment(s)
ladies and gents this idea with the multi coloured bands have been out ages! the one i wear red and green is the countryside alliance which means ban the ban. there also three/four coloured ones. what you need is one like a rainbow? everyone smiles when they see one!

Doug 22-07-2005 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman
the germ of this brilliant idea seemed to originate with margaret,others have added too and mani has been very construtive,i would be delighted to wear a ribbon/band alongside any muslims against terror,and would hope so would most people,i sincerly hope this idea gets off the ground and beleive it can do nothing but good. and i'm a cynical sod.

I would be inclined to agree with you Cashman. Some very good work was done tonight and it shows what can be done when people are constructive and lay personal ambition and opinion aside for the better good of the group. I think it’s a big well done to everyone involved and special recognition to Margaret and Mani for what’s been achieve out of an idea and a will to bring people together. Maybe we could now get together on some of the other issues that separate us on here.

Doug 22-07-2005 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
ladies and gents this idea with the multi coloured bands have been out ages! the one i wear red and green is the countryside alliance which means ban the ban. there also three/four coloured ones. what you need is one like a rainbow? everyone smiles when they see one!

I have one of those.................

staggeringman 22-07-2005 00:17

all the bad ones have....he.hee

mani 22-07-2005 00:20

oh we're not sayin its a new thing - we're just sayin its a colour scheme...

mani 22-07-2005 00:22

also the thing with the rainbow

thats either gay awareness or aids awareness or sommet

Doug 22-07-2005 00:30

I think we have come up with a good simple idea that will work for all of us. The simpler we keep it the better it will be. Good luck with this and let’s hope others see it the same way as we do.

staggeringman 22-07-2005 00:34

never seen a rainbow one, the most moving one i have seen is the liverpool and heysel disaster band.

mani 22-07-2005 00:38

i've not seen one - but i know that its the colours they use.

Doug 22-07-2005 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani
also the thing with the rainbow

thats either gay awareness or aids awareness or sommet

Does this help?
http://www.wristbands4u.com/

staggeringman 22-07-2005 00:57

http://www.wristbands4u.com/Liverpool.jpegthis is not the one the ones i have seen was red, black, white, and another colour.

Acrylic-bob 22-07-2005 04:53

Interesting ideas. But on the issue of colour, you may find it difficult to persuade the majority population to accept colours which are primarily associated with the flag of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

A possible solution - Since Britain is the country under threat and since the main object is to encourage the minority to demonstrate their solidarity with the host nation and its values then it seems sensible to choose the national colours of this country; Red, Blue and White.

For members of the host nation it would be a simple matter of patriotism to wear one, for members of the minority groups it would demonstrate that their support lies with the government and with the country rather than merely in the narrow confines of varying interpretations of obscurantist religious doctrine.

Remember, you are asking people to take sides on this issue. The message has to be simple, loud and clear.

entwisi 22-07-2005 07:14

I too think this is a superb idea. As a way of promoting it once we have a start on the ribbons/bands why not approach the radio stations, Asian and English with a view to getting some press/media attention.

Ian