Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Man Arrested............Body Found (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/man-arrested-body-found-13692.html)

fireman 28-07-2005 12:37

Man Arrested............Body Found

A body has been recovered from the Leeds Liverpool canal near to Barden Lane in Burnley. Police are not releasing any information about the body.

Coincidentally a man from the Hapton area has been arrested and is being questioned re the missing Accrington man David Guilfoyle. Could it be connected, are they getting nearer to the truth, lets hope so........

grannyclaret 28-07-2005 12:43

Re: Man Arrested............Body Found

how horrible....hope its soon sorted ,,i would hate to find a body.. thats something for the tele soaps..

harwood red 28-07-2005 13:35

sounds almost too much of a coincidence to me. If it is david then it will give some closure to the family my thoughts are with them it must be a horrendous time for them

Acrylic-bob 28-07-2005 16:12

If it is the missing person he can't be in too pleasant a condition. This is one of those times when the Police actually justify the money spent on them.

Doug 28-07-2005 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
If it is the missing person he can't be in too pleasant a condition. This is one of those times when the Police actually justify the money spent on them.

Now A-B, I’m sure that they earn it over and over again, death finds them in many ways and not always pleasantly. RTAs, Unexpected deaths of relatives that someone remembers to pay a call on weeks after they have died. Suicides? Long drops etc, Child deaths and of course this unpleasant episode. I wouldn’t want to be Policeman today…..If this does turn out to be the gentleman in question then my sympathies goes to is family and not least his daughter. No one deserves to die before there natural time and no one should suffer death in such a violent manner and be denied a decent burial.

fireman 28-07-2005 17:03

Been anounced that the man arrested has now been charged with the murder oo David Guilfoyle.

cashman 28-07-2005 18:01

deepest sympathy to the family, you can only imagine their torment.

fireman 28-07-2005 18:08

I know it sounds rather ominous but the connection has not yet been verified...His family must be distraught ,.

grego 28-07-2005 19:16

Just been on the BBC website and they report that a man has been charged with murder, they name the man also, sorry there's no link not sure how to do that.

park381 28-07-2005 19:22

Yep it's a sad time, police have worked hard on this one, think the underwater team have been at the lodge on hyndburn road for a few days this week.Deepest sympathy to the family.

Bazf 28-07-2005 19:40

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4723803.stm

Heres the bbc story

lettie 28-07-2005 19:46

Thanks for the link Bazf. Can they verify whether the body is that of Dave Guilfoyle? I didn't think that you could charge for murder in the abscense of a body. Then again they never found the body of the lady on Burnley Rd either.......

fireman 28-07-2005 19:51

Their has been no connection mentioned yet between the discovery of the body in the canal and the charging of the man from Hapton.

grego 28-07-2005 19:55

Thats true Fireman but the charging is in connection with Dave Guilfoyle and can they charge murder without a body? Not sure.

lettie 28-07-2005 19:58

They must be able to charge without a body if they have enough evidence pointing to murder, as in the Burnley Rd case, but I should think that they would be on pretty shaky ground. They would have to be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was murder...