Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   X Factor (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/x-factor-15063.html)

grego 27-08-2005 23:52

X Factor

Talking about x factor tonight at the meet and how some people obviously haven't got it. Well I've got in tonight and one of the hopefuls met last years winner and was completely starstruck, whys that, he's done ****** all since last year, why are people so easily impressed?:confused:

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 00:02

Re: X Factor

The programme is purely for entertainment.Anyone with the so called "X Factor" wouldn't need to go up in front of those pretentious idiots.The old fashioned way of going out and playing pubs n clubs,learning the trade and developing a fanbase is the way to go.I despise the programme.God an annoying ficticious frog can even get to number one these days,what is the world coming to??How gullable are the public?

garinda 28-08-2005 00:08

:)I've got the X-factor, but you have to give 'em a chance.:(

Brill.

Culture for the next millenium.

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 00:21

Everyones got the X factor.Well at least at something.

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 00:23

It's finding out what you've got the x-factor for is the big challenge.

garinda 28-08-2005 00:25

That's is what they all say.

NEXT.;)

harwood red 28-08-2005 00:47

sometimes though pilky you have the most talented of people doing the rounds of the clubs etc... but never develop any further cos they are just not spotted by the right people. Anyway x-factor is just a laugh for us viewers, nothing more, nothing less

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 01:00

Yeah but all these ppl on these talent shows have no control over what they do.One minute they are in the limelight,the public gets force fed this cr@p until they feel they are past there sell by date.Where are Gareth GatesWill Young,Hearsay,that Michelle whatever her name is,Steve whatever his surname is.Ok.Girls Aloud still have hits but they are pretty awful and what is the name of the boyband from that same competition,erm i've forgotten.None of them are talented artists,they have been chosen as decent singers to sing someone elses songs to earn someone else alot of money.Puppets on a string.

harwood red 28-08-2005 01:04

I made no suggestion that the winners were the most talented or successful of people, just that the programme made fun viewing...ok that makes me a bit of a saddo, I can live with that.

Red is a saddo, red is a saddo, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, red is a saddo, red is a saddo..................:D

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 01:17

awww,don't be so hard on yourself.At times it is good entertainment but it's all about making money at the end of the day.Can you imagine if an unknown Kurt Cobain or Chris Martin walked in front of them idiots?Well to be quite (James) blunt they wouldnt get a look in.

harwood red 28-08-2005 01:19

thats because the x factor doesn't look outside the "Norm" box but hey its still entertaining

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 01:27

Well it's just tv.God we'll have dead soap characters coming back in showers next or being shot near an eastend canal and turning up years later only to be buried in concrete.lol

harwood red 28-08-2005 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Well it's just tv.God we'll have dead soap characters coming back in showers next or being shot near an eastend canal and turning up years later only to be buried in concrete.lol

now your being silly, that couldn't possibly happen now could it????? :rolleyes:

Busman747 28-08-2005 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Yeah but all these ppl on these talent shows have no control over what they do.One minute they are in the limelight,the public gets force fed this cr@p until they feel they are past there sell by date.Where are Gareth GatesWill Young,Hearsay,that Michelle whatever her name is,Steve whatever his surname is.Ok.Girls Aloud still have hits but they are pretty awful and what is the name of the boyband from that same competition,erm i've forgotten.None of them are talented artists,they have been chosen as decent singers to sing someone elses songs to earn someone else alot of money.Puppets on a string.

Its the way things are nowadays. In the 60's/70's bands done the rounds and IF they were good, they got the rep. Pink Floyd and Genesis were good examples of this and became household names without exposure to the media. They didn't have to show their class on T.V. but there is such a lot of mediocre bands now and singers are always looking for the short cut..........

PILKYBUSDRIVER 28-08-2005 01:34

I 100% agree