Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Asda packers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/asda-packers-18218.html)

Gayle 26-11-2005 14:19

Asda packers

Does anyone else feel a slight tinge of annoyance when they get to the tills at Asda and see yet another set of charity packers. I'm not doubting that it's a worthy cause (Moorhead School today) but oh, it doesn't half screw up my system.

I buy my shopping in an order, I put it on the trolley in an order and I pack it into bags in a certain order - all so that when I get home I put the right bags in the right place to unpack them. Today, because of the helpers I had bean tins placed on top of a loaf which meant I arrived home with squashed bread.

I know it sounds a bit petty but I think they're over doing it. Once a month would be ok but every week is just a bit too much. What does everyone else think?

lettie 26-11-2005 14:22

Re: Asda packers

Got to agree that it is overkill...... I usually just tell them that I don't want my bags packed, I still make a donation to some of the causes but pack my own bags.

janet 26-11-2005 14:23

Asda was crawling with school kids when I was there this afternoon. I always insist on packing my own shopping, let the kids think what they want. Like gayle I have a system when packing.

SPUGGIE J 26-11-2005 14:23

I agree its going too far especially at this time of year. I want to be in and out of supermarkets as fast as I can as I hate being in them at this time of year.

Alec_Ish 26-11-2005 16:25

I go to moorhead but i dint do it as i know that i like to pack our own bags so im fussy that way to lol

Im gonna wind up my classmates now HeHe.
(Over kill - yes lol)
Alec

SPUGGIE J 26-11-2005 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec_Ish
I go to moorhead but i dint do it as i know that i like to pack our own bags so im fussy that way to lol

Im gonna wind up my classmates now HeHe.
(Over kill - yes lol)
Alec

That will make you popular. :D

katex 26-11-2005 16:56

Yes, it annoys me too, but for the opposite reason, find most packers are too careful and I finish up with about 10 bags instead of five .. more to get out of the back of my car when I get home. I just like to get in one bag as much I can squeeze in. Unfortunately, today the till lady insisted in putting them in bags as I was loading up t 'other end .. couldn't keep up with her. Did have to take out my box of wine into trolley as too heavy, and goes through these ever decreasing thickness of supermarket bags.

SPUGGIE J 26-11-2005 16:59

The bags get thinner so that you pay 10p for the reusable thicker ones. Yet few people I know who buy these go back with them the next week. To me its a scam.

chav1 26-11-2005 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle
Today, because of the helpers I had bean tins placed on top of a loaf which meant I arrived home with squashed bread.

you probably got the kid that was forced to do it by his parents lol

%100 agree its bloody annoying and a hinderence although i find all collectors shaking their tins or blocking doorways with tables and wheelchairs a pain in the ass ,it should be banned

i give money to a charity but never to people who block my way or shake a tin in my face

chav1 26-11-2005 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
The bags get thinner so that you pay 10p for the reusable thicker ones. Yet few people I know who buy these go back with them the next week. To me its a scam.

do you remember when an asda carrier bag was strong enough to sit on , pull the handles through your legs and use as a sledge in winter :D

SPUGGIE J 26-11-2005 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1
do you remember when an asda carrier bag was strong enough to sit on , pull the handles through your legs and use as a sledge in winter :D

Oh yes I rember those days well. Pity they aint around now. :)

garinda 27-11-2005 01:13

I bought some fudge at Tesco and was appalled at how it was packed.

entwisi 27-11-2005 02:02

Careful!!!!!!

Debbie J 27-11-2005 06:51

I too have my own system when packing my shopping, so I don't let others do it for me either. This is since some kind person did it for me and crammed too many items into too few bags and they split before I was out the door sending my goods everywhere.

BLACKBURN RAVER 27-11-2005 12:15

get a life...