Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2005, 14:19   #1
God Member

Asda packers

Does anyone else feel a slight tinge of annoyance when they get to the tills at Asda and see yet another set of charity packers. I'm not doubting that it's a worthy cause (Moorhead School today) but oh, it doesn't half screw up my system.

I buy my shopping in an order, I put it on the trolley in an order and I pack it into bags in a certain order - all so that when I get home I put the right bags in the right place to unpack them. Today, because of the helpers I had bean tins placed on top of a loaf which meant I arrived home with squashed bread.

I know it sounds a bit petty but I think they're over doing it. Once a month would be ok but every week is just a bit too much. What does everyone else think?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2005, 14:22   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Asda packers

Got to agree that it is overkill...... I usually just tell them that I don't want my bags packed, I still make a donation to some of the causes but pack my own bags.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:23   #3
Senior Member+

Asda was crawling with school kids when I was there this afternoon. I always insist on packing my own shopping, let the kids think what they want. Like gayle I have a system when packing.
janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:23   #4
God Member

I agree its going too far especially at this time of year. I want to be in and out of supermarkets as fast as I can as I hate being in them at this time of year.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 16:25   #5
I am Banned

Arrow Re: Asda packers

I go to moorhead but i dint do it as i know that i like to pack our own bags so im fussy that way to lol

Im gonna wind up my classmates now HeHe.
(Over kill - yes lol)
Alec
Alec_Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 16:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec_Ish
I go to moorhead but i dint do it as i know that i like to pack our own bags so im fussy that way to lol

Im gonna wind up my classmates now HeHe.
(Over kill - yes lol)
Alec
That will make you popular.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-11-2005, 16:56   #7
Resting in Peace

Yes, it annoys me too, but for the opposite reason, find most packers are too careful and I finish up with about 10 bags instead of five .. more to get out of the back of my car when I get home. I just like to get in one bag as much I can squeeze in. Unfortunately, today the till lady insisted in putting them in bags as I was loading up t 'other end .. couldn't keep up with her. Did have to take out my box of wine into trolley as too heavy, and goes through these ever decreasing thickness of supermarket bags.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 16:59   #8
God Member

The bags get thinner so that you pay 10p for the reusable thicker ones. Yet few people I know who buy these go back with them the next week. To me its a scam.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-11-2005, 17:36   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Today, because of the helpers I had bean tins placed on top of a loaf which meant I arrived home with squashed bread.
you probably got the kid that was forced to do it by his parents lol

%100 agree its bloody annoying and a hinderence although i find all collectors shaking their tins or blocking doorways with tables and wheelchairs a pain in the ass ,it should be banned

i give money to a charity but never to people who block my way or shake a tin in my face
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 17:38   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
The bags get thinner so that you pay 10p for the reusable thicker ones. Yet few people I know who buy these go back with them the next week. To me its a scam.
do you remember when an asda carrier bag was strong enough to sit on , pull the handles through your legs and use as a sledge in winter
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 18:13   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
do you remember when an asda carrier bag was strong enough to sit on , pull the handles through your legs and use as a sledge in winter
Oh yes I rember those days well. Pity they aint around now.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 27-11-2005, 01:13   #12
Give, give, give member

I bought some fudge at Tesco and was appalled at how it was packed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 02:02   #13
God Member

Careful!!!!!!
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 06:51   #14

I too have my own system when packing my shopping, so I don't let others do it for me either. This is since some kind person did it for me and crammed too many items into too few bags and they split before I was out the door sending my goods everywhere.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 12:15   #15
Senior Member+

get a life...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..